1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox will not open.

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by RandomNeb, Oct 15, 2004.

1. RandomNeb

RandomNeb Member

Wondering if anyone has any idea on how to get tray to open up on my Xbox. I just got it in the mail today, and have had no luck getting it open. Of course, hitting the eject button doesnt work, and I tried to manual eject it with the paperclip in the hole. Any other ideas? And its a used Xbox off eBay, and all that seems wrong is the tray won't open. When the powers on, I see the Xbox logo and start up stuff.

2. UncleT

UncleT Member

Sounds like the dvd power connector is loose or unplugged.

3. RandomNeb

RandomNeb Member

It did have a DVD thing on the front in plug 4, but I took it off. Do you mean to open the XBox, and make sure the DVD drive cables are in the right places tightly? I bought it off eBay, so I guess the warrenty is shot anyway. They said it was $79 to fix it if I shipped it to them, and since I didn't buy from a store, I guess I have no warrenty? If not, should I open it and check out the drive?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]^.-[/small]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2004
  4. RandomNeb

RandomNeb Member

5. RandomNeb

RandomNeb Member

Well, I finally got the DVD drive open, I was not spinning the gear inside like I was suppost to. So I put a game in, and started it up. He did not reconize the game, so I took it back out.
    Is this a part that is inside the XBox and has just come loose?

6. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

Pretty dodgy mate, that last post, does that mean you got it open with the paper clip or the eject button. If you opened it with the eject button don't worry about the plug (yes it's inside the xbox) or else it would be getting any power. Check the underside of the xbox and see if the sticker hiding the screws is damaged, the it's been opened. If you don't have a warranty open that sucker up and mod it.

Check the 4 pin molex connnector on the back of the dvd drive, this is the power for the dvd drive.

I personally wouldn't buy an xbox off the ebay, prolly cause of the crappy 1.0 i first had (still own but now has a v1.6 philips drive (these things will play anything, all my cheap dvd media, gotta love it)

Anyway off to try fable for the first time, have fun.

7. RandomNeb

RandomNeb Member

I got it open with the paperclip. The guy wants me to ship it to Microsoft for $70 and he said he'd pay for it, so I won't get a chance to look inside.

8. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

So then the yellow molex cable is connected to it? Right? Therefore it is getting power??

9. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

Oh, well if he's going to pay for it to be repaired, then let him, if the drive is screwey and the xbox hasn't been opened, which obviously it hasn't if the dude you bought it off will send it to microsoft, then the warranty must still be legit.

Anyway, repeat, check if the xbox has been opened, if it hasn't send it away for some free repair goodness (ie warranty work).

10. TukTuk

TukTuk Member

How did you get the disk tray to open. I am having the same problem as you.

11. TukTuk

TukTuk Member

i tried using the paper clip method but had no success, if you can tell me how you used the paperclip i would appreciate it very much. thanks