1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox will not start up!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by wongie_jm, Apr 15, 2003.

1. wongie_jm

wongie_jm Regular member

i think i just screwed up my xbox!!! after i installed a new hard drive. i was playing Hunter the Reckoning. but then i did something stupid, i turned off the system while its loading a saved file. then when i tried to turn it on again nothing comes up, the xbox then shuts off and turns on again and then shuts off again and the third time it turns off, the light around the eject button flashes RED!!! and green. but still no picture.

i couldnt even take out my game. But the funny thing is after i take the system apart checked everything i put it back together ( i absolutely did not fix anything) and it worked back fine. a few hours later its messed up again. Now i don't know what to do.

If anyone had this problem, please post.
    Thanx

2. Dank

Dank Regular member

welcome to the matrix world.. this kinda shit happens once in awhile.. its just an alignment issue.. you may need to solder the d0 pin if you want it to stop if not your gonna have to mess with it every once in awhile.. try not to move the box around much when you get it working

3. .NRG

.NRG Regular member

How could it be a alignment issue? Dont want to start a huge discusion on it but I'm not sure how it could be if the box was not moved. I would first check if you still have a green light on the chip. Then I'm not really sure.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2003
  4. wongie_jm

wongie_jm Regular member

the matrix still has the green light when it happens. i agree with .NRG although sometimes i try shakeing the xbox and it works again. Weird???

5. junpit

junpit Member

Hi

I have just had the same problem. I connected a mod chip (XECuter2) and after I couldn't line up the pogo pins, I removed it altogether to find that my machine would not boot at all.

I have since soldered the xecuter2 and it still doesnt boot. It does allow me to flash the XEcuter but does not boot.

I am assuming that d0 is ok if I can flash the XEcuter as I believe d0 contains the power.
    Any Ideas?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2003
  6. Dank

Dank Regular member

trust me.. I have modded a bunch of boxes.. its an alignment issue. if you push down on the d0 pin and start it up in mode 2 it will load.. i never move my xbox and it still happens once in awhile

7. junpit

junpit Member

OK.

Mine is a different issue I think.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2003
  8. Dank

Dank Regular member

sorry bro i just saw that you are using the executer chip.. i have no experience with those.

9. shank69ox

shank69ox Regular member

i dont have experience with any off those chips,but I have done about 20 XBOX's with an APPLE-X2 and it solders to the board directly,and every now and then after it has been on for a long period of time it does the same thing.When I flip my switch for retail XBOX boot it boots fine.The only solution that works for me is to resolder the D0.Even though I do a continuity check on it everytime, and it checks out fine.But I resolder any way and it always works.So I definitely check that point.