1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox will only boot to ms dashboard ""Help Please""

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by nomish, Dec 31, 2004.

1. nomish

nomish Member

Hi There,
    I have an version 1.4 xbox running a Xecutor 2.2lite chip, the Bios i am running is unkown at this moment.... i have a larger hard drive installed and i have the evolution x loaded up etc.....
    all was fine until we was playing midtown madness where my youngest accidently selected the wrong option and tried to go to xbox live.........for information i dont have xbox live set up.... Anyway the xbox just stalled and came up with the original ms dashboard...... on rebooting now my xbox will only boot to the original xbox boot menu and i am unable to play any of mny games on the larger hard drive etc.......
    I have been told The only way i can boot the xbox up to run evox now is from my original evox boot disc.....then i have to reload all my data back to the xbox via FTP....

i was wondering if any one else has experienced this and is there a permanent fix for this problem....

Please help as i am getting abuse for wrecking his xmas pressy....

Happy new year to all...

Si

2. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

you do not have to reload all the data like games back, they should still be there. you do need a boot disc, though. use the original as you know it reads fine in your dvd drive. if you lost it make another exactly the same way as the one that worked on the same type of media.
    boot it up and overwrite xboxdash.xbe or if your bios supports it, upload the new dash renamed to evoxdash.xbe and keep xboxdash.xbe. most newer bioses do support this.
    let me know how it works.

3. Ayanami69

Ayanami69 Member

OK ... So where do we get a boot disk with Evox on it?

4. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Skip the evox boot cd and instal slayers v2.6

1. Find a program Shareaza and install
    2. Go to xboxstation(dot)com, register and go to the download section. Click on Slayers v2.6 and Sharaza will automatically find slayers when you click on the download box on Sharaza.
    3. Go to the slayers homepage to get the extraction code.
    4. Burn the extacted v2.6 ISO to a Memorex CD-RW

5. nomish

nomish Member

Cheers for the response guys, ok i have now got a copy of Slayers 2.6, i have booted the xbox from that, and is obviously slightly diferant from what i have been running.....
    Question,,,,do i flash the Bios from the slayers disk,,,or do i just load up the slayers etc...
    as i want it to cure my origoinal problem...

any help will be great guys...

si

6. Ayanami69

Ayanami69 Member

Any other options to get the Slayers 2.6 disk?

PLEASE :)

7. Twinski

Twinski Regular member

just get a copy of evox, then just put the skins folder/default.xbe/and evox.ini in a folder with your dummy file and make an iso and then burn it with nero, and you should be good to go.

8. dassage

dassage Member

I tried downloading the slayer 2.6 software to my PC, but when I looked at it on my PC the file was like 16k where on the web site it says the file should be 16.7mb. Am I doing somthing wrong when I download the file or am I suppose to modify the file in any way? Do I need slayer 2.5 and then put slayer 2.6 in afterwards or what is the correct procedure. thanks

9. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

that should have been a torrent file. you open that file to download the actual slayers 2.6. you will have to install bittorrent. go here:

http://bittorrent.com/download.html

10. dassage

dassage Member

I was able to get a file about 158mb downloaded, it gave me a .exe file. do i put the .exe file on cd and reboot xbox, or do i have to run the .exe and save those extracted files onto the cd,

thanks

11. CHADSR

CHADSR Member

my xbox only loads upto the xbox screen and says microsoft at the bottom and just sits there and i have the original dvd rom and hard drive does any body know what it could be an how to fix the problem

12. xb0xm0dz

xb0xm0dz Member

you can download Slayers.Evox.Auto-Installer.2.6FINAL and every other Auto-Installer here.

check the forumz for a faster download and information and how to fix your xbox.

http://www.xb0xm0dz.com/torrenttrader

13. denden

denden Guest

i seem to have the opposite problem my xbox will only boot to evox and not the ms dashboard. Can any one send me an original xboxdash.xbe file?