1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox with chip, poss corrupt bios and error 21

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by pl3378, Mar 25, 2007.

1. pl3378

pl3378 Member

where do i start, i was given an xbox that was giving an error 21 when turned on, after opening the xbox i was suprised to find that it was chipped (unsure of what chip), so i did the usual and kept my finger on the power button to turn the chip on, this time it started to boot and crashed before booting from the hard drive, after turning the xbox on and off several times i finally managed to get to the evox dashboard and could quite eaisly play games etc, if i rebooted the xbox it would boot fine, but if i let the xbox go cold and try to boot again then it would crash and would need me to reboot several times before working, my questions are firstly how do i clear an error 21 as im currently unable to run the ms dashboard, secondly has anyome ever come accross the bios problem were it crashes before trying to boot from the hard disk? or does any one know how i might stop it from crashing?

2. jmanbig

jmanbig Member

i think the error 21 might be from a faulty m$ dash try reinstalling from a auto installer like slayers and the crash might be for a bad chip flash but not sure msg back tell me how things go

JSM

3. pl3378

pl3378 Member

right sorted the error 21 by installing a new hard drive with new ms dash files, but i still get the crashing on the flubber screen, i have also reflashed the bios with a different version and still get the error, what hardware could cause this kind of fault?