1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox won't boot

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by airmobl, Jul 31, 2006.

1. airmobl

airmobl Member

it has never worked correctly. i was not there when the bios was loaded but i was told everything seemed to be installing correcly and in the middle of the installation (while installing the bios from a DVD disk) it stopped. from this point on i have not been able to network to the xbox and the DVD drive stopped working. the system loaded the x3 menus correctly but crashed after tring to load the bios from the DVD. i pulled out the x3 to see if it would revert the standard mode, but the box will not even power up without the chip.

2. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

o_O You might just have to visit the official Team Xecuter forums for help on this one. I don't know enough about the chips to help much more, and I don't have access to one that I can play with.

Sorry I couldn't help you fix the problem.

3. airmobl

airmobl Member

i told you that my box showed the hd and dvd drive were assigned to the D:. after looking at some tuts i noticed that the rf modulator that i had bought at Best Buy had strected the screen so that what i was seeing were the last letters of HDD: and DVD: hence two D: drives!
    i am going to replace the mod but will try using a vcr input. after i burned the iso you linked to with the built in dummy file, is seems to have loaded my bios. the power and eject button on the front still don't work but when i was in the flashbios mode,i put load from disk the dvd drive opened. i am sill not sure where that leads me but i am going to try to load a dashboard tonight and see if that fixes the drive and button problems. i will let you know how it goes. i appreciate your help but am sorry for the confustion about the drives.

4. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

So the screen was just stretched? Well then...

If I remember right, don't the Xecuter chips have a harness that plugs into the eject/power button connectors? That might be why they aren't responding like you'd expect.

Let me know how the dash installation goes.

5. airmobl

airmobl Member

venom i downloaded aim from the link you gave but what do i do with the file? do i burn it as an iso single file or extract the files?

6. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

aim? Sorry, but I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Are you trying to burn the BIOS to a disc so you can flash the chip via CD?