1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX wont play original games

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by arjohn5, Dec 25, 2006.

1. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Under no circumstances run slayers on a softmod box.. It's a sure fire way to brick it!!!! You need either xwizard or sid3

Try this.. find the folder E:\cache..open it and delete everything in it. In your dash settings turn off all examples of in game reset and set game region to either default or auto, remember to save and exit.

There is another serious possibility, you have a completely full E:\ drive.. This will prevent games making any cache files and temporary save points. Delete some unused roms.

That should cure it!

Let me know what happens.

BTW.. Good post acidspdr!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2007
  2. pink_floy

pink_floy Member

with all due respect what you`re saying is rubbish .If somthing goes wrong with a softmod it`s a 10 - 15 min repair using hot swap and xboxhdm and ndure ...if somthing goes wrong either at the point of chipping or later on your xbox is normally screwed!

dave

3. arjohn5

arjohn5 Guest

Wow I feel dumb............only thing wrong was the E drive was full and I had no space to cache my games. Stupid Nintendo64 roms take up a shitload of space! Thanks for all the help guys. As easy a problem as it was to solve, I wouldn't have done it without the forums.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

teach & learn

5. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Learn something every day.. Others take note..a full drive doesn't tell you it's full, rather like a BSD based server, it just errors in strange ways. I just remembered jon mentioning he had put Halo2 on the drive along with the roms..and worked it out from that info.... Halo 2=2.6GB..plus roms, about another 2 GB on a normal heap of them = 4.5 GB..a full E: drive..

Remember it folks.. It happens a lot.

6. Southern

Southern Guest

Thanks much acidspidr and janrocks. I had the same problem cleared cache deleted random never used ROMs problem solved. Thanks again guys!