1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox wont read game

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Duderino, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Duderino

Duderino Member

I've recently put evolution x on my xbox and ripped a game onto my harddrive through flashftp. I created an .xiso with Extract-Iso and then burned it to DVD with Nero 6.0 using the tutorial (where you switch the UDF section to Force DVD-Video Compatability mode). But for some reason my xbox won't read the game. Now I've seen that some people have suggested to write the dvd at a lower speed, will this just slow the writing process down? or will it make it easier for my system to read? Other than that, if anyone knows what I may be doing wrong I'd be very grateful. (With my luck it's probably something very obvious I'm missing). Thanks

2. peachymo

peachymo Regular member

the only time i use nero 6 to burn an iso i always burn as IMAGE close the wizard down and find it under recorder i've never known could burn an xbox image the way you say

3. ABMone

ABMone Guest

make an image and use the burn image method.

Udf/Iso works for some but not all.

Also if you burned your iso in udfiso i think your not supposed to make an xiso you just burn the files.

4. Duderino

Duderino Member

thanks, i used the recorder->burn image method and at least got the xbox to read the game, now it just gives me an error "there is something wrong with your disc. it may be dirty or damaged." not sure if that's a common thing or not so I'm going to try and reburn it, but at least i'm headed in the right direction.

5. Duderino

Duderino Member

thanks, i used the recorder->burn image method and at least got the xbox to read the game, now it just gives me an error "there is something wrong with your disc. it may be dirty or damaged." not sure if that's a common thing or not so I'm going to try and reburn it, but at least i'm headed in the right direction.

6. ABMone

ABMone Guest

Burn slower! worth a try.

7. peachymo

peachymo Regular member

or you could try updating your bios
    what bios do you have?
    and what game are you trying to backup?
    and what media is it?
    cause i'm finding lately some are really crappy
    and does anything boot up? or is it the blue screen and the writing as soon as it boots?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2004