1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox wont read the backed up game I just made

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by rzep, Feb 28, 2005.

1. rzep

rzep Member

Ok, I thought I had worked out how to back up games but they are not working.
    This is what I did. Could someone let me know what I am doing wrong?
    I connected the xbox to my pc.
    I used FlashFXP to transfer the files to my computer.
    I then used Qwix to make an ISO file. I did this by Clicking on Create ISO. For the source I selected Local Folder and selected the data folder.
    Once this created the ISO image I went to DVD Decryptor and went to mode then ISO/write.
    Trying to play this in my xbox said unknown disk!
    I thought I had it, I must be close. Anyone able to help???
    Thanks

2. stagnant

stagnant Member

Yea, im with Rzep, ive tried multiple things to try to get this working, different iso makers, im now using the GDFImage maker in Dos, bla bla bla, change media types, etc. its not my media because i can make disk to disk copies of my mates material and they work fine in my box.

3. stagnant

stagnant Member

....But it just keeps telling me the disk is unknown, any suggestions, thanx

4. p_fortt

p_fortt Member

i had the same problem so instead of using flash i use ws_ftp pro had no problems since

5. stagnant

stagnant Member

Would the ftp have anything to do with it, i already have the files iso'd, and exactly whats on the cd

6. chaos321

chaos321 Guest

try using craxtion for ftping and iso making its seems best for me. then also try dvd+r

7. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

What type of media are using?? Try to use craxion like Chaos just mentioned. I bet your using the wrong type of media, I use Ritek 4x/-R Media and my backups have all been perfect with Craxtion. The Xbox is real picky about the media you put in it. I don't what drive you have but I have a Samsung and I only use Dvd-R media.

8. vixen76

vixen76 Member

maybe if you tried to patch the game?? there are a few ways to do this.. i would first d/load craxtion 4

(stay on the internet)

use the ISO you have already created (in QWIX), open up crax4 (close the menu if this appears next) then press F3 and then add the ISO, press patch and it should patch the ISO.. then use DVD Decrypter to burn the ISO..

i hope this helps.. let me know if you have any troubles..

9. stagnant

stagnant Member

Thanx for the input guys, what exactly does the patch do vixen? I have craxtion 4, i use an LG DVD-Ram, DL compatable, with TDK DVD+R's or TDK DVD RW's. I have the Microsoft xbox GDFImage maker aswell, i thought since thats what they use to make their games it would be better, i'll let you know what happens, thanx again

10. stagnant

stagnant Member

Thanx for the help guys, much appreciated.

11. bats555

bats555 Guest

i have a similar problem, i read on a guide from xbox ripper to making a playable xbox back up disc,"Ghost recon 2" it mentioned using the complilation DVD-ROM (UDF/ISO)and when i try to burn the ISO it says it is larger than 2gb and won't work, i burned one in UDF but the xbox did'nt read the disc. i used craxtion to create the iso and is 2.6gb, i also have the default.xbe file included, how can i make this work, anyone? how did you do it stagnant?

12. bats555

bats555 Guest

p.s. when i used DVD+R and have an xbox v1.1, i know it can read DVD+R as i used one of these disc's to flash the chip, also should the xbox be able to read a UDF?

13. Gapster

Gapster Guest

do u have any antivirus programs insalled? i trid to backup nba live 2005 and some f the files where 'blocked' because some had 'major trojran horse risks' lol

14. bats555

bats555 Guest

hey all, not long after i posted my last question i decided to forget about nero altogether and burn with something else, so i used dvd decrypter and burned the iso i created with craxtion, it worked, thanks for the help,

15. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Don't use that format. In fact, when you open Nero, close the start-up wizard. Go to File>Open, and find your xiso. Then, it will automatically bring up another screen, choose the speed settings (don't go over 4x or else you're bound to have errors) and it should work :)

16. NHOJ

NHOJ Member

I have a question along the same lines.I use Crsxtion also.I'll right click on the game i want to make an ISO and put on DVD R when the game gets on dvd it will load up on the xbox but it will only go through the story line and when it say "click start "It will say"There's a problem with the disc you're using.It may be dirty or damaged.Can anyone help?

17. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

I would suggest wiping the disc off with a soft cloth and some alcohol first. If the problem continues, then try using better media.

18. Gapster

Gapster Guest

it might be your burner, i had troubles with mine then i upgraded the firmware, and since then its burned nealy every game fine!

19. AcidC0RE

AcidC0RE Member

Yeah, I have the same problem with games freezing after pressing 'START' at the 'PUSH START TO BEGIN' screen. MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf did it on me and then get this: A non resale bundled disc(which is a factory disc) Amped 2/Top Spin. When I went to choose Amped 2 it would go through all the studio movies at the beginning and then where it wants me to click start to begin is where it freezes. When I chose Top Spin instead, it wouldn't even get that far. I just get a BSOD.

Both of these games are produced by Micro$0ft so it makes me wonder if they have some extra check within the game that can detect if I'm running a modded console. Then my other concern is if it's just the Thompson DVD-ROM drive giving me trouble. I have a modded Samsung 616T drive on the way so I can't test that theory out until it arrives. But if anybody has any clues to why this is so...

I have loaded the ISO into Craxtion, patched then burned with Alcohol 120 and DVD Decryptor on Ridata Grade A 04 media and neither one worked. I know this media works because I have other games backed up to this media and they work fine.

Currently this is what I'm working with:
    Xbox Version 1.6
    Xenium Ice OS 2.3
    Thompson DVD-ROM Drive
    200GB Maxtor HDD
    Evox M8 Bios with LBA48 Patch
    Evox Dash 3935
    Custom 'DEATH' Led Lit Jewel Ring
    Blue Controller Ports
    Blue Eject/Power Board
    Custom Skinned 'LUST' Case

20. AcidC0RE

AcidC0RE Member

Update...

So now I copied game files of MechAssault 2 to XBOX HDD and it does the same thing. There must be a file within the game that either can tell you are running a chipped box or it can tell if your not running the default dashboard.

Any ideas anyone....