1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox won't start, turns self off

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by nickpack, Jul 1, 2004.

1. nickpack

nickpack Guest

I have a V1.1 Xbox with a matrix chip installed. Just reasently My xbox doesn't turn on correctly. It turns on and off twice within seconds. Then it turns back on again and the front LED starts blinkin red and green. What do I DO? I tried realigning the chip but that didn't work. I need help or I have to buy another Xbox. I don't want to do that!!!

2. BoxMods

BoxMods Regular member

Check all solder point on the chip, looks like you might have a bad ground.

3. al8man

al8man Guest

theres a chance that your starting xbe could be messed up or not in the right place or it could be the wrong xbe

4. nickpack

nickpack Guest

It isn't the XBE. I have had it in there for a while

5. al8man

al8man Guest

well check for burns on motherboard or motherboard

6. BoxMods

BoxMods Regular member

It's not a dash's .xbe, or the Customer Service Screen would come up. It's your solder points, check them.

7. nickpack

nickpack Guest

what I forgot to tell you before is that when I turn my xbox on it doesn't output any video. Theres no picture.

8. nickpack

nickpack Guest

i did not sodder my chip

9. Label2021

Label2021 Member

It isnt the solder points, some of you need a little background research on modchips. The matrix is a non-solder solution.
    **********************************************************************************************

This is called a FRAG (flash red and green)
    Usualy cause by bad modchip install. For you, I suggest removing the modchip, and powering on the Xbox then. If it still frags, then its another problem, many possibilities here. However, if your Xbox powers on as normal with the Matrix taken out, its obviously the chip. I had many FRAG problems with the Matrix too, simply because it got knocked a little loose. After testing, and a success of power on with modchip out, reinstall modchip carefully, and make sure its screwed securely but not too tight. Hope this helps

Label

Last edited: Jul 8, 2004
  10. nickpack

nickpack Guest

It wasn't the chip. Well it kinda was. The chip scratched the mother board. I already got a new xbox.