1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox wont start

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by jeebwise, Jul 14, 2004.

1. jeebwise

jeebwise Member

I have a version 1.4 xbox and i just installed the aladdin live modchip. I have gone over everything several times, there is nothing touching and i used the alternate do spot on the back. Everytime i go to turn on my xbox, it powers up then turns off, does it about two more time then the eject button just blinks red. Does anyone know how to fix this. Also i have found sites contradicting each other with the L1, does anyone know teh correct one cause i tried them both

2. andrewb15

andrewb15 Member

If you are sure that the chip is installed corectley then my only guess is that the chip os faulty.

3. sidekick1

sidekick1 Guest

This exact same thing happened to me after I installed my aladdin chip!!! Everything was working perfect except my Thompson DVD drive in my 1.0 xbox. I was playing Mike Tysons punch out & then I turned it off. Next thing you know when I turn on my xbox. Bam! it starts up three times blinks red for a second then goes green then shuts off. Then finally the third time it stays running on green but doesn't show anything on the tv. What the hell can I do. I mean I was about to buy a new xbox anyway (because of so many problems with the 1.0 version). Cant I just repair it some how?????

4. jtn

jtn Member

Try searching the web for this problem using the term "christmas lights" I think you may find it there.

J.

5. sidekick1

sidekick1 Guest

I checked my solder points and there was no problem. I took my Aladdin chip off and still same problem.

I found and fixed my problem. It took me about 3 hours of looking at the boar, but must have had a screw loose (in my xbox and in my head) that touched my video chip causing one of the feet off the chip to get hot and melt to touch another foot shorting out the chip. I seperated the once before seperate connections and & resoldered the foot to the board and my Xbox worked once again. Well exept for the Thompson DVD ROM the laser DIED!! I installed Evox on my Xbox just intime before the DVD drive died. I have to get a phillips or a samsung & replace the drive. But thank god thats my only problem at this point!! I tried adjusting the POT to 35 and the laser is still really, really dim.. :)

That poses another question. Which is better the Phillips or Samsung DVD ROM???

6. afex

afex Member

the samsung can read CD-R's, so obviously most would prefer that one - however, the samsung cannot read DVD+R's, so that may be an issue