1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Xecuter 3 CE Help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by modster, Feb 13, 2005.

1. modster

modster Regular member

xbox guru..please help me.

I just installed Xecuter 3 CE in my xbox and now I have no idea where to go from here.
    I am a newbie regarding xbox. The installation was a success, but every time I power on the xbox, all I see the a screen that displays the current flash bios 3.01. I see a couple of options on the screen.. such as lock.unlock HD....etc.

I have a version 1.6 xbox. How do I go about backing up my xbox games and getting it to play on my xbox.

Am I missing something here? Please any help or advice would be greatly appreciative.

many thanks!

2. ttmactt

ttmactt Member

i have same prob i just got a evolution x cd made but i couldnt ftp and i also have the x3 chip have u solve ur prob yet?

3. modster

modster Regular member

not yet, is the evolution x is what I need to play my backups?

did you try to use the flashxp ftp utility to ftp the evolution x to your xbox?

I thought that evolution x is a dashboard replacement and not the bios flash replacemnet?

I don;t know much about xbox just started to fiddle with it.

any suggestions would be great!

thanks

4. Twinski

Twinski Regular member

Go here-----http://home.comcast.net/~x3guide/

5. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

ok, you need a bios
    then, after than, use an auto installer (if you want my installer pm me)
    you need to flash your chip with a "hacked" bios, the cromwell bios is legal, therefore not able to do much (well it can do some stuff, but nothing you will benefit from really)
    the xecuter3 has an OS so flashing is real easy
    evox is a dashboard replacement, yup youre right:)
    but it can also be used, after installtion, to reflash a modchip too, it has that option in its system settings, providing of course, that you have bios on your hdd (which you can do once evox is installed, ie ftp you your pc to upload bios)
    but again, the xecuter3 , having an OS gives you other options too to reflash.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2005
  6. modster

modster Regular member

Hi,

Thank you for all the help. you guys are great.
    I guess I am still confused about all of this. When I flash my bios, will this mess up the original bios on my xbox? What is backup bios?

so, is the evox not a bios flash? can anyone tell me what bios flash I can use to replace the cromwell one?

Have anyone successfully installed and use Xcuter 3 CE? if so, please please provide me with a step by step on how to do it.
    There are too many things to do to get this darn chip working beyond my imagination. hehe

Thank guys!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2005
  7. ttmactt

ttmactt Member

hey u guys i still am stuck on the evox i have it on the dvd-r but i cant connect through the flashfxp it gives me a error i have my xbox connected to the router its a linksys and im trying to get emulators on the the hd also or the halo 2 game and its really giving me a hard time am i doing something wrong on the evox dvd ? does anyone know where to get a easier to use flashfxp? something might b wrong with mines thank you

8. delphiki

delphiki Guest

u can make an iso so that u don't have to do all that crap..if u've flashed bios just get a iso of evox and put in xiso format. they make the dvdiso.....turn on bios and u can prolly figure it out from there...

9. mdsup

mdsup Guest

if you have flashed the chip with the x3 bios there is no need to make an evox boot disc....you can ftp from configlive, and copy over the necessary files.

10. ttmactt

ttmactt Member

yah i kinda got the x3 bios thing coming up first then the evox comes when i boot to dish thanks you guys i got a few emulators on there but my snes one and n64 and psx oh and the mame they dont wanna work for some reason but i got fce aka nes and xboy aka gba

11. fubby16

fubby16 Member

I'm wondering how you guys are finding illegal bios' such as EvoX. If I go to the EvoX website and download it there, it isn't an iso file, as a matter of fact I have no idea what that kind of file means. I am going through the same problem as everyone, installed Xecuter 3 CE chip, and can't flash game bios'. Another quick one, when I flashed the Flashbios 3.03.3, I think I did it in 1mb, how do I flash over the 3.03.1? or whatever they're called you get the idea. Thanks guys

12. modster

modster Regular member

you can find the bios in (cough cough...xbins)

13. fubby16

fubby16 Member

THanks man, I really appreciate it.

14. fubby16

fubby16 Member

Last night I accidentally flashed Evo X with all my toggles on the external switch off. The only way I can boot up now is in backup mode or disable mode. Team Xecuter offers the utility that I want to flash back on the primary, but it's not clear on how to do it. I created an Xecuter 3.1.3 (or whatever it is) cd and when I flashed it with all of the toggles still off it didn't do anything noticable. Can anyone please inform me on how to fix my problem so I can boot back up in primary mode?

15. modster

modster Regular member

that's not good, not good at all. you should have switch the appropriate switches prior to flashing. Well, I read somewhere on this forum that there is a program out there that allows you to reprogram the bios. I forgot where I read it, but maybe you can browse through all threads you might find it.

Sorry guy, I just forgot where I read that thread.

hey look in xbins under tools, maybe there is a program there that you can use.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2005
  16. mdsup

mdsup Guest

to the guy who flashed the bios wrong:

boot up the backup bios...then set the switches to the appropriate position and flash again.

17. ttmactt

ttmactt Member

any one know how to get the right emulators working i got fce and xboy but i want n64 snes ps2 and mame i got snesx9 mameox surreal64 pcsx something but they dont want to work can someone please help

18. mdsup

mdsup Guest

keep your emulator garbage out of this thread

last time i checked we were discussing x3 chips and bios flashing

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2005
  19. fubby16

fubby16 Member

yeah modster I appreciate your help but I know you can flash over a bios as many times as you want, it doesn't have a cash file that would prevent being written over, it's kind of like a rewritable CD. To my other helpful companion what would the appropriate switches be to fix my boot up bios. I flashed it so that 3.0.3 pops up when the first switch is protected and all are off, but I can't find out how to flash it where all of the switches are unprotected and 3.0.3 will come up. If I try to boot it up like that now my Xbox just turns on and of a few times and it reads no bios. Also is it possible to flash the updated bios to backup? Thanks for all of your help guys, it's greatly appreciated.

20. fubby16

fubby16 Member

Hello Ello? Help anyone? I flashed the team Xecuter bios that allows you to adjust flubber and all that jazz; but I still need help clearing up my bad flash and help backing up my games. Maybe it's all in the dummy file. The bad flash is with all of the ports unprotected. If I flash it with a full size dummy file and 3.0.3, does anyone think that will clear it up? LEARNING PROCESS!