1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox360 elite

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by rickywat, Dec 2, 2007.

1. rickywat

rickywat Member

hope this is the right section for this post .i had a 360 modded and it went and broke on me after a year there , so i bought a new elite model had it flashed and only some of my old back up games play now.
    is there anything i can do to get these back up games to work again .

is there any software that i can use to put the latest patch in or can someone give me any advice on what i could try and do .

cheers

2. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

I had the same problem with my Elite flashed with Xtreme 1.6, what i ended up doing was flashing to iXtreme 1.2 with the latest firware toolbox 4.5 and that solved my problem.. Before i updated the firmare,i couldn't play backups such as Mass Effect and Kayne & Lynch without receiving disc unreadable errors at the loading screen.. My guess is that this is caused by the games not being stealth patched, if they are not stealth patched they won't play, it's a precaution used by the firmware to avoid getting banned on live..

3. rickywat

rickywat Member

thanks for getting back to me , ive never tried to flash a machine so i guess i am going to have to live with it i guess .

its just weird how some games that are a lot older are playing but some off the newer stuff doesnt .

the firmware toolbox is that easy to use ?

4. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Firmware Toolbox is pretty easy to use, you have to make sure you have the Microsoft .NET framework v2 so it will run properly. If you would like to learn how to flash your box, this guide has everything you need to get you started...

http://www.360mods.net/tutorial/Textbook.pdf

5. rickywat

rickywat Member

thanks a lot