1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xboxhdm 1.9 not functioning?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by xboxclear, Oct 1, 2008.

1. xboxclear

xboxclear Member

I am trying to recover my xbox, i luckily saved the eeprom file onto my computer before the hard drive bit the dust. i was using unleashx .38 on a retail drive. I have a 160gb seagate that is listed as compatible, and so far i have built the hard drive, but i cannot lock it. Every time i type lockhd -a it gives me the message "primary drive is frozen, try disabling automatic detection"

I have tried all the BIOS settings on my computer, trying to figure out that lucky combo, to no avail. Motherboard used is an ASUS M2N SLI deluxe, if that helps at all. I have no floppy drive or even a floppy disk. I am on my 4th reburn of the program, I always burned at 8x.

Maybe my problem is the fact my mobo has one IDE channel? I have the harddrive as Master jumped on the first connection of the cable, CDROM as SLAVE jumped on the second connector. the program recognized the hardrive, built it with my Dash files (MS files), set my F drive and formatted with the program.

I tried "mount /dev/hdc/cdrom etc...." did not work, I have tried this several times, reformatted the harddrive, used different versions of xboxhdm.

any solution?

2. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

Try the jumper on cable select and then go into your bios you should have some sort of ide controller. It should look something like this.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If you don't have the options you might have to update or downgrade your bios.

3. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

do not connect the ide cable to your drive until you get to the screen where you type in lockhd =a. i had the same problem, just connect the cable at the above screen. that should do the trick