1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xboxhdm and slayers

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by teroenza, Jun 10, 2007.

1. teroenza

teroenza Member

Hello all,
    I have built and used an eeprom reader to get my eeprom.bin file.

I am using this tutorial.
    http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=244043

I am using xboxhdm v1.9 and slayers v2.7final. Xboxhdm boots and I am able to lock and unlock my drive. First problem is that I have to manually type the HDD pass. because it says eeprom.bin is not found. It is in the directory specified. Second, when I go to create a fresh installation on the disk everything works with C but then E it says files not found. I tried copying slayers E directory but that didn't work either. Can anyone help?
    -ter

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Firstly, do not EVER type your code in! If you make a mistake you will lose the drive forever!

Secondly, get a clean MSDash 5960 and place that in your linux/c folder. Make sure you got the correct eeprom using 'LiveInfo. It will tell you the serial number of your xbox, if it matches, you're in business!

3. teroenza

teroenza Member

Thank you.

I will try using the MS dash. I think it might be a file organization due to the different versions used. I will try the ones listed in the tutorial and report.

Also the serial # is worn off the sticker on the box so unless it is hidden somewhere else I can't verify. I did dump the eeprom a few times and got the same number.Just to test I also believe it is the correct one due to the fact that I was able to lock and unlock by manually entering it.

I am doing this with a non-modchip box and am still trying to learn about using slayers/xboxhdm/evox so thank you for your patience.
    -ter

Last edited: Jun 11, 2007
  4. teroenza

teroenza Member

I used the exact versions and nothing worked. I will try to install an exploit or somthing with xbox hdm. I still am not quite sure what to do though.
    -ter