1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xboxhdm help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by airborne7, May 28, 2007.

1. airborne7

airborne7 Member

My computer is a Dell Dimension Desktop
    My new hdd is a Seagate 160gig

Ok , so i have used xboxhd to build xbox from scratch. I have created all the partitions and have transfered all the data needed. The only thing needed to be done now is to lock my hdd. I use the lockhd tool to attempt to lock my hdd but my BIOS keeps freezing the security. I can not get it to lock. I have tried to change the drive detection for my primary drive in my BIOS but the only 2 options is auto and off. When I turn it to the off option and reboot(after saving changed settings)then start up the lock tool again it says that there is no master drive connected and to reboot. Im pretty sure my BIOS is causing the drive security to freeze. I have tried using another computer(compaq) and i gues that bios freezes the settings too. I really need help. Should I attempt to try to find another computer with a different BIOS to lock it? What should I do? Any suggestions? Is there a way to change my BIOS setting so it doesn't freeze the hdd's security. Thnx, Airborne

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

just unplug the ide cable until you are ready to use the drive. or just unplug it until your past detection in your bios. make sure its the only hard drive thats hooked up.