1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOXHDM Trouble - MS Dashboard loads instead of EVO

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Harbie, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Harbie

Harbie Member

Ok, heres my situation.

My friend softmodded my crystal xbox for me, and then gave me back the box and the tools XBOXHDM so I could install another, larger HD myself.

So, I have a working box with EvoutionX as the dashboard on the stock 8gb disc. However, when I FTP my C and E drives over to my computer, add them to the linux.iso and build the larger (60gb) HD through xboxhdm, the MS dashboard boots when I install the new HD to the xbox. No errors or anything, just the MS dashboard.

WHY?

Also, I noticed that my working xbox disc has 700megs or so of \fonts and other files on the X drive, but when I add these to linux.iso the file is to large to burn to CD.

2. casper007

casper007 Guest

Being that you have a bit of sense and have a back up of your hdd, get the Aid installer disk and install EVOX from that, that should solve that ptoblem, as for the fonts try burning to DVD as you box will read it better and you have more space to burn to. let me know how you get on!!!

3. Harbie

Harbie Member

I don't have a DVD burner, so those aren't really options just yet ;)

Think I figured it out though, apparently I'm just copying the old C:\ files that are hidden in shadowc.img, so its no surprise I'm getting the MS dashboard.

Going to try re-launching the ndure installer from krazy's extras tonight and hope I can FTP the actual modded C to my comp.

And as a side note, cloning a xbox disc using ghost -ir works, but only on the same size discs, lol my 120gb drive works now, but only with 9.5gigs formatted space.