1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOXLIVE GAMES WONT LOAD WITH XENIUM ICE, HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by BenD188, Aug 31, 2004.

1. BenD188

BenD188 Member

I have the xenium ice installed with evox dash and m8 bios. Whenever i try to play a xbox live game, the screen will go black and switch to the same screen. Like on Rainbow Six 3: Black arrow it says press start and when i hit it it loads then goes right back to that screen. I loaded the Retal Kernal and it still doesnt work. Same thing happened with ESPN football. I tried with nonlive games and it works. WHATS WRONG?? Also i cannot click on the xbox live tab without it freezing. HELP!!

2. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

Please try to reinstall your original dashboard using Slayer's Auto-Install or anything you want.

3. newbie888

newbie888 Member

doesn't he have to lock his harddrive

4. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

Yes he does, inorder to log onto the Live, your hdd must be Locked. In fact, i recommened that you leave your hdd locked at all times. Just for safe keepings.
    In addition, i heard that the Live service now somehow checks the hdd to see if its the retail hdd or not, and if its not..........well you know what happens!
    So my suggestion to anyone who wants to play on XBOX Live, use your retail hdd.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]"For gaming supremacy, there's no power greater than X."[/small]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2004
  5. sixSIXsix

sixSIXsix Guest

I have a Xenium Ice Chip as well, and it seems that disks labeld Xbox Live (I.E Burnout 3 & Starwars Batle front) won't load on mine, they load and then freeze before a certain point. i have a 160 Gig Harddrive( it is already locked) utilizing Unleash X,i have a Samsung DVD drive as well, is there anything i can do to get these to load?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2004
  6. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

You could try switching back to your retail hdd to play on Live. I think you have to now, as they check for larger hdd's. If you dont want to play online, just copy the game to your hdd. If the game doesnt load, patch the default.xbe with Craxtion and it should work.