1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBoxMediaCenter DAshboard?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by nb1320, Jun 13, 2006.

1. nb1320

nb1320 Member

Anyone know how to make XBMC your dashboard?

2. nb1320

nb1320 Member

Nevermind I figured it out...

3. Kinglion

Kinglion Member

How did you end up changing the the dash to the XBMC? I have a soft-mod and EVO is my dash which is good but now that I have the MC360 skin looking all sweet I want to switch. How would I and how did you go about doing it?

4. nb1320

nb1320 Member

Thea easiest and most convenient way to make XBMC your dashboard that I found was to use http://www.teamuix.com/uix/page.php?11. With this you can make a file, which in this situation you would name "default.xbe". When you make the file, its pretty self-explanitory, you enter the address of the default.xbe in the XBMC folder, mine was "F:\Apps\XBMC\default.xbe". After you make the file to your liking and the link is right and the name of the file is in fact "default.xbe". Then connect to your X-Box and FTP the already exsisting default.xbe in "E:\ROOT\" to your computer so that you have it(just in case). Then just FTP the default.xbe that you made there and restart. It will load XBMC as soon as it starts because of the shortcut. Sorry if I "over-explained", I just know that I wish someone would have told me these things so I knew EXACTLY what the program did. Good luck, if you have any problems come back to this thread.

5. handsom

handsom Regular member

Decent tut there, I can say I wish I had known the same things, I stumbled through it with NO tutorial, but I'm still quite pleased with the results. IMO, XBMC is the ideal dashboard, because of it's incredible functionality, the only improvement I could see is adding a fully functional web browser (Wouldn't that be sweet!) or a true Outlook/Thunderbird style e-mail client.

Really, I am so happy with the program as a dashboard, and I reccomend it to everybody with a modded xbox.

Hopefully, the tutorial will help others, the only suggestion I have for it, is to seperate the directions, maybe some bullet points, etc, so it looks less daunting for new people.

Anyways, good job, hopefully it'll help some more people!