1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbpartioner, Revert changes to make files in partition visible again?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Osirls, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Osirls

Osirls Member

Hey guys,

I stupidly started playing with XBPartitioner thinking I could give my F:\ partition some free space from my E:\ Partition but this has caused both partitions to appear blank now!

Thinking about it now, I realise that not necessarily the free space would be taken from E:\ meaning that some data might be lost, but I still don't understand why F:\ now appears empty even though I have only enlarged it.

Is there any way to recover the files that were on both partitions, perhaps by hooking it up to my computer?

It's just a stupid mistake i've made at 2:40am and is a huge pain as my xbox is now functionless and all my files/games/saves are gone!

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Help!

2. Gr8Modder

Gr8Modder Guest

nope if you formatted, they are gone, sorry about your bad luck man

3. Osirls

Osirls Member

I didn't format, partitioning merely changes the partition tables, the data is physically still there i just have no idea how to make it readable again...

4. Gr8Modder

Gr8Modder Guest

my best recollection with working with partitions when you make a new partition you MUST format it, so if you made a new one, then yep you sure did

5. Osirls

Osirls Member

Newb, thanks for trying to help but I know that's not true.
    Oh look he's been permenantly suspended..

Can anyone else shed any light on the matter?

What would you do if it were an NTFS partition that I had changed?