1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xcuter 3 Troubles.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by ichijin, Jan 8, 2006.

1. ichijin

ichijin Member

Hey all. I happend to pick up an Xcuter 3 recently, and it turns out that they no longer put the software and such on for you before they return it. I went ahead and put a bios onto it (as per instructions on their website). However, it seems I flashed it with the wrong bios version, and I can now no longer get the bios flasher screen to come back up, and booting into the normal MS dashboard gives me an error 05. Any help on this one is greatly appreciated.

P.S. I saw something somewhere about creating a disc of another xbox HD. (I do have a 2nd box with an xcuter3 if that technique will work somehow).

2. wr6739

wr6739 Regular member

Press the power and eject button at the same time, the X3 status logo should be purple. This will boot to the 256k backup flashbios and allow you to re-flash your chip.

3. ichijin

ichijin Member

It does change to purple, but the system doesnt do anything. I figured out that the error is because the harddrive is unlocked. Any idea how to lock it? None of the discs (even "boot" discs) will load from the system, and I cant FTP in, or anything else. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

4. wr6739

wr6739 Regular member

Do you have the eeprom.

5. ichijin

ichijin Member

I have access to another xbox with the same chip, and another xbox without any chips/softmods. I am just not sure how to proceed from here. It seems the only way I have found so far is to take the drive out and then do something to it once its in the PC.

6. wr6739

wr6739 Regular member

Ya if you have your eeprom, or you can lock it with your chip, but you said the bios wont boot.

7. ichijin

ichijin Member

What happend was, I ordered an xbox with the xecuter 3. It didnt come with any of the software stuff, so I was told I needed to put a bios on it. So I went through the tutorials on the xecuter site, and it flashed fine. (Went like the tutorial) Only problem is, the drive was unlocked before the flash. (I think the bios was ok?)

It does now:

Pressing power for a min (disables chip): Boots to MS standard loading, and then gives the service error 05 screen. (This mode while the MS stuff is loading is the only mode I can open the CD tray)

Pressing reset (booting with chip): Shows blank black screen, and does nothing. (Disc drive wont open, etc.)

Pressing Power and reset at the same time: Chip lights turn purple as its supposed to, but it sits at the black screen doing nothing.

Not honestly sure what the problem is, but those are the symptoms.

8. wr6739

wr6739 Regular member

The hard drive was unlocked?

9. ichijin

ichijin Member

Yes. One of the tutorials I was reading said: Unlock the drive, then do the update. So I followed it, and now I am kinda screwed. Is it fixable?

10. wr6739

wr6739 Regular member

If you don't have an eeprom.

11. ichijin

ichijin Member

The new xbox is 1.6 (1.6b maybe?), and the old one is proabably 1.1 or very older ones as I have had it since they came out pretty much. I also have access to a later one that is not modded. With those, can you pm me or post here with what I need to do? Thanks.

12. wr6739

wr6739 Regular member

What you need to do?

13. ichijin

ichijin Member

Ok, it doesnt appear to be the harddrive. So what else is error 05? I pulled the HD out of that box, and put it in my other modded one, and it booted fine. Any ideas? Any help greatly appreciated.

14. wr6739

wr6739 Regular member

You dont still have the modchip or anything connected do you? Error 5 means the hdd is not locked.

15. ichijin

ichijin Member

The HDD is not the problem. If it was not locked, and causing the error 05, it should have done the same when I booted my other xbox with it.

I think the bios I flashed was the wrong version, or maybe even a bad one. Since it wont boot discs and such, how can I get a new bios flashed into it?

16. wr6739

wr6739 Regular member

You should be able to boot up to the flashbios with out even having the hdd plugged in. Flashing the bios has nothing to do with the hdd.

17. ichijin

ichijin Member

Error 05 claims the HD was locked/unlocked and that the system wont boot with it like that. I dealt with it as that being the problem. Its not the problem since it works perfectly in my other xbox (if it was still locked/unlocked, taht one should give error 05 also). So it has to be the flash bios. It did load a blue screen before I flashed it when you turned it on with the chip enabled. Now it wont, and it will not load from discs, etc.

How can I replace the bios when I cant load discs or the bios screen?

18. wr6739

wr6739 Regular member

Take out your hard druve and disc drive and make sure your modchip has a good connection. Then, Press the power and eject at the same time so the X3 logo turns purple (with the drives still out) and if it boots to the flashbios you can do an http flash.

19. ichijin

ichijin Member

Thanks. I will try that. If that doesnt work, does that mean its unfixable, or is there something else to do from there?

20. ichijin

ichijin Member

I got the HD out, and the DVD drive unhooked also. It turns purple as its supposed to, and the eject button light turns orange after a min, but it just sits like that aftewards. Doesnt seem this way is going to work either.