1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xCVD VBR audio - help

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Bitcount, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Bitcount

Bitcount Guest

I recently downloaded an mpeg video file, and i cannot get any sound. I ran Gspot, and i dont seem to have any audio codec that can play the file. The name of the file contains "VBR 5mbps xCVD". Now i know that xCVD is an audio codec, and this is probably what i don't have. A google search gave my zilch, well at least nothing in english,and neither did a search of this site (other that the definition). So if you think this is probably the problem, could you direct me to were i can download the codec?

Thanks

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well Mpeg Files can only have 5 different audio formats and they are "Mpeg1 Layer 2(MP2)" and "Mpeg 1 Layer 3(MP3)" and "Dolby Digital AC3" & "Linear PCM(WAV)" and "Dolby Theater Sound(DTS)"...Media player will decode Mp2 and Mp3 you would need an AC3 Filter to decode the audio if it is AC3, You can try this one:
    AC3ACM Decompressor
    http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/AC3ACM/AC3ACM.zip

You can also find others on the Net or if you have PowerDVD or WinDVD installed then you will have all of the Decoders for mpeg you will need...I do not believe there is a Codec called "xCVD" there is a Mpeg format called CVD and a XCVD would be a Variation of CVD like with AC3 audio or a higher than normal Bitrate......well good Luck