1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XE-Mobile anyone?

Discussion in 'Nokia - Unlocking' started by fixinpcs, Feb 19, 2007.

1. fixinpcs

fixinpcs Member

Any help unlocking this phone would be much appreciated.

Make/model phone: Nokia 3220b
    IMEI #: 356660000688805
    Country the phone is locked in: USA
    Provider the phone is locked to: XE Mobile
    (XE Mobile uses the Cingular GSM network I believe)

Thank You

2. fixinpcs

fixinpcs Member

I understand from searching around that XEMobile phones have defied all attempts to unlock so far. If anyone would like to give them a shot, I currently have one, and I can get more for free; therefore, I am not too concerned if the codes do not work and it becomes hardlocked. I realize you all are very busy, and this is only put forth in case anybody would care to take a crack at it. If it becomes hardlocked, I'd just end up getting another phone, and that one too would probably be posted up here for you.
    I hope I am understanding correctly why you all do this for everyone. If so, then the motivation has something to do with the challenge involved. Right or wrong, and whether or not anyone would like to give this phone a go, I'd like to hear what it is you get from what appears to be quite a lot of work for little reward.
    In any case, thank you for taking the time to read this.

3. JoeGons

JoeGons Active member

fixinpcs
    OK that sounds like fun.
    Copy code to paper in large letters. Group in 2 or 3's.

#pw+483857105100765+7#

Your code:Try this ONCE and ONCE only. Remember,
    you only get 3 to 5 tries. If you enter the same code two times, that is two tries.
    To enter code:
    Make sure battery is charged.
    Remove sim first.
    Power on.
    Ignore “Insert SIM”
    Press the # key.
    then press the "star" key (*) quickly to get the P and W and +
    Press * 3 times quickly for (p) \
    Press * 4 times quickly for (w) IMPORTANT
    Press * 2 times quickly for (+) /
    and the rest of the code---
    Begin with # and end with #.

IMPORTANT!!
    Verify code before pressing the last #.
    Pay attention. You only have about two seconds.

"Phone restrictions off", it's unlocked.
    "Error code" wrong code. STOP tell me.
    "Not allowed" or "Can Not Undo Restriction" it's hard locked.
    Used up all your free tries!!

If it does not work, tell me: What happened? What message
    you got. What codes you tried.
    Above all, answer.
    JG

4. fixinpcs

fixinpcs Member

OK, sorry it took so long to get back to you.
    I did as you instructed, but nothing happened when the final # was entered. The screen still just displays the code as I entered it.
    In fact, it is still just displaying it. I don't need to use the phone for a while, so I am just leaving it as is for now.
    Any ideas?
    Oh, by the way, I don't think this probably has any bearing on the current situation, but one of the attempts had already been used up a couple of weeks ago. The code attempted was just random numbers, so of course it failed.

5. JoeGons

JoeGons Active member

Some phones require inserting a non accepted sim
    (a SIM from a new Network) to make the unlock take place.
    This method is only for no response at all,
    meaning the code you entered just sits there on the screen.
    Do not use this method if your phone has shown
    a message such as:--"Code Error",
    "Phone Restrictions On"

1. Insert a SIM from a new network.
    Most times it will say "Phone Restricted"

2. Select the UNDO option

3. You should see a box that says,"Enter restriction code".

4. Enter the code given and then press "OK"
    or select "Enter".

6. JoeGons

JoeGons Active member

Your next code:

#pw+316096730442204+7#

7. fixinpcs

fixinpcs Member

Using a Cingular simcard, I reattempted the first code. The result was a Code Error. The second code you gave me also came up as Code Error.
    I have a question, did the attempt that gave no response whatsoever count as one of the five? Just trying to keep a tally.
    Thanks for your assistance.

8. JoeGons

JoeGons Active member

I don't think that counts.
    I make it three tries.

Hell, try this.

#pw+043943066111450+5#

With the Cingular Sim in.

9. fixinpcs

fixinpcs Member

Sorry, still getting a Code Error, but at least it is still asking for a code to be input. If we are unable to unlock this phone, then I will get another one, it may take a few day though. So keep an eye on this thread.
    If you don't mind me asking, what is it about XE that makes them so tough? It would seem to me that other carriers could learn a thing or two from XE. Or are there a lot of other carriers that are as resistant as XE?
    Anyway, I will check back here when I wake up tomorrow (getting late here). Thanks.

10. NoLimit04

NoLimit04 Active member

XE Mobile is an (MVNO) Mobile Virtual Network Operator which means that really, they are too cheap to buy into their own network.

A mobile virtual network operator is a company that does not own a licensed frequency spectrum, but resells wireless services under their own brand name, using the network of another mobile phone operator.

So what this means is that they do make money for phone sales but they have to spend a lot of it to pay back Cingular, the new at&t just to use their towers. Now the question is, how long can they stay in business doing this? When they fall out, everyone with XE locked phones will have to buy a new one because the new at&t will send out a letter saying that the current XE sim you have will need to be replaced with one from them before shutting down your service. Of course the new sim they will offer will not work with your XE locked phone so this means they will sell you a new phone and make even more money. I am of course speaking about 2 to 5 years into the future but be looking for it to happen. I think at&t had all this planned with XE before they bought back Cingular. It's all about the money with them and always has been. Have you ever wondered why such a large corporation would once be AT&T (<--with capital letters), sell to Cingular, come back as at&t with little letters? Has to be a reason behind it and again, I'm sure it's all about the money. I could go on and on about this subject but only time will tell what happens with XE and I'm nearly positive that XE will no longer be within 5 years or less.

11. JoeGons

JoeGons Active member

Until you get "Cannot undo Restrictions--------
    Getting radical.

#pw+715060335352673+7#

JG

12. fixinpcs

fixinpcs Member

Joe - I think that was the end of the line for that phone. This time it beeped once at me, displayed Phone Restricted, and didn't clear the code entry box so that I could reenter it.

Nolimit - Yeah, I'd kind of figured XE was just a "renter" of Cingular's telecom infrastructure; these days there are so many different company's offering pay-as-you-go plans at every grocery store, gas station, and even vending machines now, that this had to be the case for XE and the like. I can definitely understand it why would be in there best interest to not allow their phones to be unlocked. Considering how little these phones cost the consumer to purchase, I'd imagine they are subsidizing a portion of the manufacturing cost betting that it will be a steady source of income. I'm still unclear about whether or not other company's phones are also difficult to unlock. Rather than ask you people, I guess I could do a little more research on the subject.