1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xecuter 2.3b lite plus Help

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by killalot, Dec 30, 2003.

1. killalot

killalot Active member

Just got one of them solderless Xecuter Mod chips for my sons x box but at a total loss so please someone help fitted the chip both blue lights come on on the chip green light comes on at the front xbox comes on dont get the cromwell screen just get the xbox dash is that right ? try to flash it with lattest bios but get can"t read disk etc ive read that the xbox is a bit pick"e about brands of cdrw any tips on what brand to use the dvd-rom in the xbox is a thompson i think it said that only just brought the xbox so its the lattest one out so please please can someone help..............ps is the green light on the front of the chip suppose to stay on all the time read someware its not..........

2. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

if you tested the chip with the external switch connected and the switch enabled then there should be 2 blue leds lite on the chip and the led on the external switch should be lite green or red if it is disabled. if you are testing the chip with the external chip not connected then you will see two blue leds lite and a yellowish green led lit on the chip. If you see any of these senerios then the chip is installed correctly if not the chip is not installed correctly.

Next, if you xbox is new then it is a version 1.4 or 1.5 and when you boot it up (chip enabled) the eject light will flash red, green, yellow, green 3 more times, then eject the dvd drive. Remember, if you box is a v1.4 or 1.5 you will see nothing on the screen, otherwise you will see the cromwell clean bios screen. either way, at this point you would need to flash the chip. If you have access to a dvd burner it is much easier to flash it with that because the xbox is picky, but if you dont just burn it to a cdrw add a dummy file, insert the disc, and after about a min, the box should power off and you successfully flashed your chip.

3. killalot

killalot Active member

Cheers Deezp for your help when you say you should see nothing at the screen do you mean it should be just a black screen or the x box dash ive had both ? once again cheers for your help........

4. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

the screen will be black (no M$ dash) ONLY if you a v1.4 or v1.5 xbox. no worries, I enjoy to help. I suggest if you dont want to go through the trouble finding all of the different apps that are out there look for the slayers auto installer. its the best it does everything for you like installing evox dash, backup apps xbox media player and some more goodies.

5. killalot

killalot Active member

Ive got the black screen it flashes green 3 times then ejects it doesnt flash red is that correct ? ive made the boot disk on a dvdrw but nowt happens whats the best way to make the boot disk how do you make it i thought i had made it correct but looks like i havent what bios version should it be ?

6. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

you fine about the lights blinking, as long as the rom ejects and the screen goes to black you are good

http://www.xbox-scene.com/tools/tools.php?page=flash#newsitemEpuFEpkZyVZhuaRnyr

go to that site get the xecuter bios manager and follow the instructions. it tells you how to make then burn the image and put it on a dvdr it should work fine. as far as the bios to get, i used the evolution x M7 bios, its the lastest out there. once you burn it reboot the box and after the rom ejects put in your disc and give a min or two so it can flash. if the xbox powers off, your flash was successful. when you reboot after that you should be back to the m$ dash, at this point you should look into finding that slayers auto installer. check your PM

7. killalot

killalot Active member

This is the stage im at now Deezp ive got the 3 flashes black screen door opens put disk in with Bios 4979.06 with dummy file on dvdrw disk aswell close door after about a minute xbox turned its self off i thought at f-in last but when i put it back on i still had black screen on door opened ive tried about 4 diff brands of cdrw but xbox dont like them if the flash went bad the first time can you still flash over it all do you need to erase it with a programmer ? once again cheers Deezp for your help and have a happy new year ive gave the xbox back to my son now he was not to happy that he couldnt play on it so i had to give it him back in the new year im going to get some new dvdrw disk and try that/ that evolution x m7 bios you mentioned i thought that was only for the evolution dashboard once you had flashed youe mod you install the evo dash am i missing something here ? anyway mate take care dont drink too much tonight ill let you know how i get on in the new year any more help please send it my way cus i need it...................

8. syco

syco Guest

im having the same probelm... how do burn the bios onto cd and add dummy file? the evo m7 bios came as a bin so i burned it as image does not work just saw something about dummy file pls could u help..

9. killalot

killalot Active member

10. syco

syco Guest

Thanks i have fixed it now.... thanks to the slayers... i discovered i had to change the 256k bios to a 1mb bios i had no idea i had to do this but all is well and xbox works a dream cheers all.