1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xecuter 2.3b lite, suddenly erros

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by antheus, Dec 18, 2006.

1. antheus

antheus Member

I don't know what happened to the post i just made so gonna post again.

Basically, i've had this xbox for over 2 years now modded successfully with an xecuter 2.3b lite solderless. Has been working fine, no software changes since it last worked.

The problem:

Had a friend bring it down and tried booting, suddenly wouldn't boot into the modchip. The "xecuter" text stopped showing up at the bottom of the xbox logo on startup. We have been using it fine without the DVD drive cause i was too lazy to put it back in. Basically it looks like the xbox is booting into the xbox bios instead of the modchip bios and thus giving it an error. The external switch is up at school, and I'm pretty sure that we have been running the modchip without the switch though it's possible that my roommate just disconnected it.

Some other info:

At boot up we got an error 12, so i replaced the DVD drive. Then began getting error 5 (the hd had been replaced so this made sense too). Then it suddenly started giving error 7, which could have been something i did. I tried a different IDE cable but same error, realized after the fact that it was connected to the wrong end but that shouldn't make a difference.

my questions:

is it possible the modchip somehow switched from on to off? Is it even possible to run it without the external switch? Is it possible the hard drive somehow became unlocked? Any other thoughts?

2. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

sounds like the DO wire has came loose.

kc

3. antheus

antheus Member

checked the d0, didn't fix it. I locked the hard disk and it booted into the normal xbox dashboard whereas previously it used to boot directly into evox. Any other ideas?

4. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

chip isn't getting power or is dead. when DO is grounded it forces the box to boot the parallel BIOS (from the via/pin header) rather then the TSOP. you're booting TSOP so the chip isn't on/working or the DO isn't driving low.

kc

5. antheus

antheus Member

k, so lets say that my entire hard drive is still fine and set up, would it be possible to load up a software mod and have things be normal? Assuming i temporarily had a disk drive to install and shit but then took it out would i be able to have the TSOP load directly into EvoX thus removing the check for a dvd drive (for the time being i can only get one temporarily, will get one permanently when i get back).

6. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

if you flashed the TSOP with evox then you could, but i don't recommend it myself,i'd just pop a new Xecuter X3ce in there instead.

kc