1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xecuter 2.3b mod game problems

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by tgremlinl, Jun 1, 2005.

1. tgremlinl

tgremlinl Member

Hello
    I've recently modded my Xbox Crystal Console with the Xecuter 2.3b chip.
    I installed the EvoX bios and dashboard. I can backup games etc.
    My problem is that it now no longer works with certain games such as Halo 2, TimeSplitters 2 etc ( originals or backups, chip enabled or disabled ). Basically I play these games for a little while and then they freeze.
    Some games on the other hand such as Odd World: Strangers Wrath, Halo 1 work perfectly ( originals and backups, chip enabled and disabled ).
    Any ideas?

2. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

What bios are you using????

3. tgremlinl

tgremlinl Member

It's nothing to do with the bios. Even when I disable the Xecuter 2.3b using the switch ( red light lights up ), so that it runs through the original Xbox Bios and orignal dashboard starts up, and play the original games ( Halo 2, TimeSplitters ) the games freeze at a certain point. However some games such as Halo 1, Burnout 3 work perfectly.
    I've cleared the Cache's on X,Y,Z drives and on the E drive, as well as deleting all games saves in UDATA TDATA etc.
    Still no luck.
    I've tried with the original harddrive and a new harddrive , and the same thing happens, so I know it's not the harddrive.
    The only thing I suspected was that perhaps, these games were looking for certain files on the harddrive such as evox.ini and then freezing or something because they know the console is modded. But I doubt that as it would then happen to everyone.
    I've read all guides etc, but i'm totally lost on this one.