1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xecuter 2.6 V1.6 install help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by calvo, Nov 26, 2004.

1. calvo

calvo Member

I had purchased a mod chip (Xecuter 2.6 lite) and installed it with no problem. Used this tutorial that showed the version 1.6 XBOX install diagrams (http://modchipsource.com/InstallationInstructions/x26v16install.html#16pinheader) I found a BIOS (Evolution X M8) so I flashed this BIOS onto the mod chip via the Cromwell V.2.6.0 BIOS Flasher (first thing that came up and asked what BIOS I wanted to put on the chip). So I put it on there and the XBOX turned itself off like it said it would. Then it proceeded to the original XBOX screen which showed the usual XBOX logo except without the Microsoft Inc. sign on the bottom and off to the top left it said Evo-X. But then directly after that it goes to a screen saying in the top left the number 16 and that the XBOX needs to be serviced. Then it just stays on that screen till I turn it off. I have tried everything. But nothing seems to work. Do you have any suggestions on why the problem is happening and how do I proceed to fix it? (F.Y.I. I own a V.1.6 XBOX and I have already done the LPC rebuild) Could you please help me?

2. pleashelp

pleashelp Member

Last edited: Dec 20, 2004