1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xecuter 2.6 vs Xenium ?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by LordMiL, Sep 26, 2004.

1. LordMiL

LordMiL Member

Hey all. I'm looking into helping a friend mod his xbox cause he already has it hooked up through his comp to access his broadband and he wants to do some cool FTPing and stuff (we're both programmers and wanna take a crack and writing some homebrew stuff in addition to playing backups/imports etc.) Anyway, I'm looking into modchips and it seems that most people recommend the Xenium ICE solderless chip (around $60). I've also read a lot of good things about the Xecuter 2.6 & Xapter which is about $15 cheaper. My question is what features would i be lacking if I went with the cheaper solution? From what I've read thus far it seems that features tend to depend more on the software you run with the chip than the chip itself. A list of what would be harder or impossible to do with the xecuter vs the xenium would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

2. scottas

scottas Guest

If your serious about writing homebrew I would recommend the new xecuter X3 chip. With the number of bios it can store, plus all the onscreen and ftp options it may make life much easier.
    http://www.teamxecuter.com/index.php

3. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

I would also recommend the Xecuter, either 2.6 or 3. In my opinion it's the best Xbox modchip out there...