1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xecuter 2 modchip

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by xboxman7, Dec 21, 2006.

1. geminix1

geminix1 Guest

OK I really really really need help. PLEASE. LOL, ok here is the problem I flashed my executer 2.6 CE with the wrong bios, so i bought the programmer. plugged it all into my comp, and vola X2 Bios Manager saw it just like it should, followed a faq on how to flash it using the software, double checked to make sure it was the right bios, and everything was 100%. then i flashed it. said it was completed, then i verified it, check out ok, then i restarted the Bios manager, and quaryed the mod chip, and everything came back ok, so i walk over to my xbox put the chip back in and make sure everything is good, turn it on and it reboots three times then flashes red and green. SOOO i took it back out and now the programmer will not even see the mod chip. What is going on? Why is the xbox doing that? Was it an unsecsefull flash even though the software checked out ok? Is the mod chip dead? And why wont the programmer not reginize it anymore? I have tried changing my port settings and all nothing works, the little blue lite on the programmer goes on then just starts blinking then turns off. HELP thanks I really appreciate it.

Gemini X

2. vinh_la

vinh_la Member

its sounds lyk a newbie question buh...how wud i refresh my xbox, as in installing evryfing frm a fresh start. do i need any cd's or nefink? or is dere cd's wich help install all da default stuff dat xbox needs to work properly xecuter 2 4979.06

3. knb1

knb1 Member

This problem of restarting 3 times and then going to a black screen happened to me. It happens if my mod chip is out of place. I ussually happens after transporting the box in a car or just moving it around a lot. So I needed to open up my box and adjust it a little. I have an executer 2.6 lite softmod.

4. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

@geminix1

"restarting 3 times and then going to a black screen" is caused by a corrupt BIOS, if it's only when the chip is on then the chip needs to be flashed with the correct BIOS for the chip and your console version. if it does it when the chip is disabled then the TSOP has been corrupted. i alway advise against flashing the TSOP, way to many people F' their consoles doing so.

@vinh_la

how about putting that in proper English and you might get some help, most of us don't speak/read Ebonics.

kc

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  5. vinh_la

vinh_la Member

errr..... ,my xbox is acting strange,it freezes and stuff. like when im playing halo(killtrocity} becus my halo 2 is not working properly.
    Its been acting very strange..... any suggestions?????? on what i can do to resolve this problem. i cant play games even doe when i ftp into my xbox i can see the game but when i go to games menu its not there? suggestions? thank you vinh

6. XENIUMAN

XENIUMAN Member

You people shold get the xenium gold. thats what im installing into mine. No disrespect intended, but i think its better.

7. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

I'll venture as far as to agree with you that the Xenium Gold is better then the Xecuter 2.6ce, but the Xecuter X3ce kicks the Xeniums ass in features and user friendliness.

kc

8. XENIUMAN

XENIUMAN Member

There is an expansion slot in the chip for when they do come out with LCD screens, Control panels, and other cool things.

9. Kraven3d

Kraven3d Member

KC,
    I received the programmer from modchip.com and am now trying to use it. I have tried following the Team-X tutorial, located here: http://www.team-xecuter.com/x2prog/ and am still having issues with the programmer seeing my chip. I have tried this on 2 different machines, one with the I/O for lpt port of 038c and the other with 0378. Neither find my chip.
    Is there an idiot proof tutorial I can review? Is there a boot dvd or cd I can download and boot to it with the chip installed and on, the system frags. Could it be that the chip itself is bad and I need to get another one? I booted to the chip before I flashed it with the wrong bios version, so I don't think it is bad; but you never know.
    Any help would be appreciated in guiding me to an answer.

K

10. Deisel

Deisel Guest

Hey,
    I'm not sure if I'm in the right spot for this question, but I'm trying to figure out how I can Get my xbox to FTP so that I can add more games ,etc.. to my xbox. It is a v.1.0 and has been modded with the xecuter 2. My dash is evox. The problem I'm having with FTP is that I can't get my Flashfx to find my xbox's IP that I give it. Is there a way I can configure it or something?

11. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

i never had a problem with it finding the chips in the past, i sold my programmer when the X3ce came along and i moved to installing them instead of the 2.6's. I've heard others reporting issues finding the chip of late and have wondered if it's a revision of the programmer but really don't have any idea if that is the case or not.

kc