1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xecuter 2 Reboot Loop (Solved)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by FNHot, Feb 20, 2010.

1. FNHot

FNHot Member

Here's the story, I have a modded XBox, I love it, works great, does everything I want and more. I press power on it today, it boots just fine, see the loading screens, says XBOX and Xecuter 2 underneath, holds for a little longer than normal .... then instead of going to evox GUI, it reboots. Does the same thing, over and over, endlessly.

I haven't recently changed anything, loaded anything on, or played with any settings ... No idea what's going on.

What I do know is that recently, my GF's nephew of 1 years old, has learned how to turn my XBox on. Apparently the light around the eject button fascinated him, so he stood there pressing it on and off, over and over again. I am thinking he fried my HD, if this is the case would it cause it to reboot like it is, or is there a fix?

If i have to buy a new HD ill be pissed, I just got that thing the way I liked it. Was half way through Ninja Gaiden 2.

2. scum101

scum101 Guest

turn the chip off and see what happens

3. FNHot

FNHot Member

My chip doesnt exactly have an on-off switch to it. When disconnected/removed the XBox tell me to call customer service and flashes a red ring.

Any other ideas? what would you expect and XBox to do with a failed HD?

I know if i completely disconnect the HD and boot it up, it all goes fine, get's to the XBox screen, Xecuter 2 DOESNT show up and after about 30 seconds it says there is a HD Error.

So that says the HD is telling my box to reboot for some reason, any ideas?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  4. scum101

scum101 Guest

should get an error in the top corner.. 07 is a dead hdd.. anything else report back..

If there is NO error code you have a 1.0 and a dead hdd, but the 1.0 is a rare bird and I don't think you are likely to have one with a decent dvd drive.

xbox with a dead hdd (and any one of a heap of other hardware problems) will behave just like yours.. solid red ring tells me it's a proper hardware failure tho, not just some files corrupt. Unplug the hdd or dvd drive with the chip off and see if you get any different symptoms or different error screen numbers..

5. FNHot

FNHot Member

I get a flashing red ring if i remove the chip because (I assume) the HD I have needs the chip to work. If I remove the HD then i get a proper boot, no "Xecuter 2" shows and then a error 07.

If I hook the HD up to my pc, what do i use to view the FatX drive? I've tried a few different programs, 1 seems to see it, but wont let me view it. I assume it's because it's locked, and I need to unlock it, but Im not sure how to proceed. Also how do i tell what version XBox I have, as it's pretty old at this point.

Thx for the help so far, Ill get it working with your help I know I will.

6. FNHot

FNHot Member

okay found a program that will let me view the HDD of my Xbox, I can see all file, no problem. Doesnt hesitate or crash, doesnt even make a single noise a failed HDD should ... so that seems to indicate to me it's not a failed HD.

So if this is the case HOW do I simply turn off my chip? .... I researched and I have an X.B.I.T 1.0 http://www.xbox-scene.com/modchips/xbit_pictures.html

it looks exactly like the one at the bottom that says lattice on it.

7. FNHot

FNHot Member

Sorry to post so many times, I love my XBox, more so than my 360, so I am really trying to get this fixed.

With my chip off, I get an error 05.

8. FNHot

FNHot Member

bump for justice?

9. scum101

scum101 Guest

don't bump.. we aren't all sat around on our backsides all day y'know..

so now you get error5? .. did I tell you to play with the drive unlocking?.. at least you have a chip so it's not terminal.

It all seems like a rather normal situation now I have the diagnostics.. 7 hdd off when it is.. 5 when it's connected with chip disabled..

I think your mod dash has done a bunk.. you will need to find slayers or aid disks and do a dash install.. or you can grab the dash files from somewhere (do not use softmod files) and stick them on the first partition... So that's what you need to do.. or it's what I would do first... just "install dash to C" from the slayers menu.

10. FNHot

FNHot Member

Thanks for the reply, sorry for bumping, used to 4 chan = ) ... as for the fix, sounds easy enough, why should i NOT use softmod though? ... and will a slayers or aid disk wipe the roms/games i have on the hdd already? just wondering if i need to back my stuff up or not.

11. FNHot

FNHot Member