1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xecuter 2.x PRO - Bad Flash, HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by T.Wells, Oct 13, 2006.

1. T.Wells

T.Wells Member

Hello,

I didn't read the tutoral on proper flashing of my 2.x PRO (I think it is 2.2 or 2.3, it's been too long since I installed) and now I have a bad flash.

I wanted to change out the HD to a 300gig so I went ahead and tried to flash the 50xx bios to my chipset via EvoX. Now I can boot to the original XBOX dash but get nothing on my enabled modchip boot. Depending on the settings I get on of the following: FRAG or just a gray blank screen.

I tried to hook up to my PC via the parellel port (using zip drive cable or direct connection and BiosManager) without sucuess. It fails to detect my modchip despite my best efforts of changing settings in the device manger or within the CPU Bios (ECP, ect.).

Can someone help me with my next steps in fixing my problem. I promise, if I get the flash right and the new HD installed, I am done playing with my Box (this last sentence is more for my own sanity than anything else, thanks for letting me vent).

-T.Wells

2. theridges

theridges Guest

you will need to X2 programmer to reflash your chip its on divineo.com

3. T.Wells

T.Wells Member

Could you please explain more? I thought that with the pro chips, you don't need the programmer.

Does the fact that I can't detect my chip mean anything? I've tried multiple computers to no avail.

Thanks for the reply,
    T.Wells

4. theridges

theridges Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2006