1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xecuter 3 mod chip problems

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Jerzboy08, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Jerzboy08

Jerzboy08 Member

ok well last night I instaled my chip and everything was fine till I tried turning on my Box. because now im stuck at a flash Bios screen and I cant do shit at all I am completly lost some 1 plz help!

2. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

Look here!! http://www.xbox-scene.com/bios_retail.html for possible 'Firmwares' (i.e. BIOS Image(s)), to install. You'll need to take your XBOX­™ Generation into account, (i.e v1.0 ~ v1.6a/b). the biggest difference between these Seven versions is the Video Encoder Chip. If you should try installing an earlyer or a 1.6a/b BIOS on an XBOX™ THAT'S NOT A v1.6a/b XBOX™ you will not have any 'light' on your TV! So you really need to findout which Encoder Chip (i.e. Conextent, Focus or Xcalibur), is in your XBOX™ and then get the appropriate BIOS File.

Since these Files are esentualy illeagl. And thuss your Chip was packed off as a 'blank'. I have no clue as where you could 'download' 'em. or how you would go about actually flashing your X3 (I'd guess via a CD/RW Disc), www.xbox-scene.com does not host such Files. I'd recomend a good p2p or Bittorrent Program. To help you on this quest.

Once you manage to install (i.e. flash) your Modchip with one of the BIOS File(s) that you can read up on X-S. You cn start to use 3'rd Party Dashboards, Game Backups & Homebrew Apps (i.e. XBMC)...

3. Jerzboy08

Jerzboy08 Member

ok well its installed but now im stuck on a flashbios screen that I cant do shit on. I seached all over the internet but cant fined nothing on how to do this. could you help me out here my Xbox is usless at this point in time do to the XECUTER 3 CHIP. while you are reading this plz act like im a 2 year old trying to do this and explain it to me very slowly as u would a 2 year old cuz im lost as hell and sents I cant play games on it or dvd or anything in that matter right now till afterI flahbios or something im stuck on a page the say

enable network flashing
    load Bios from HDD (c:/Bios)
    load Bios from Disc
    Unlock HDD
    lock HDD

and I dont know were to go from there im lost as shit and I need hlep remember think 2 year old when posting cuz that is about what level im at as far as modding

4. Jerzboy08

Jerzboy08 Member

maby ill understand it better if someone tells me what BIOS stands for any how?

5. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

Ok heres what you need to do

1) Reopen your XBOX™ Follow this guide to determine which XBOX™ version (i.e. 1.0 to 1.6a or b) (i.e an XBOX™ with a Conextant, Focus or Xcaibure Video Chip. This info is very important so that you do not advertently Flash an incorrect BIOS. i.e. Green Flubber / 'X™' and 'Microsoft™' Screens that come up before the Dashboard i.e. Memory / Settings etc. replaceing this Program with one that in incompatibe with the version of the XBOX you have, could cause you to loose all Video out cabablities. (this is less dangerese then it sounds since your useing a Modchip), But why waste your time or your nerves!

2) With a solid idea of which XBOX™ you have (i.e. 1.0~1.6a/b), you can now look here:http://www.xbox-scene.com/bios_retail.html. Almost every known Cracked BIOS Image is listed here. Although this site is a good jumping off point. There is almost no major difference or noticeable proforamce gains that any one of those have over another. But it can give you an idea as to which Image is compatible to which XBOX™ version.

Again as to how to Flash your Chip. This process is a bit different with every Chip. I have an X-Bit and allthogh it's slow. It's simple to use USB1.1 connector is a godsend! The only thing I could tell you about this is to either read the Documents that came with your Chip either Printed or on the CD! If you did not recive such materials the perhaps a quick trip to http://www.teamxecuter.com/ (the makers of the X3) should be of more help to you.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2005