1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xecuter 3 New HDD Install Tut

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by TeddyN, Jun 23, 2006.

1. TeddyN

TeddyN Regular member

Installing a larger HDD using the X3 bios build 3294 and the X3 Modchip(written with noobs in mind)

I am in no way responsible if you screw up your Xbox. This is the way I installed my HDD and I didn’t have any problems, so you shouldn’t either.

There are many ways to upgrade your HDD, but I think this is the easiest way

#1- Look for a larger HDD and make sure it is compatible
    - Check for compatibility here http://xboxdrives.x-pec.com/?p=list
    - If you want to boot your Microsoft BIOS and dash, make sure the drive can be locked
    - If it is compatible and you are happy, buy the drive

#2- Make a folder on your desktop called “HDD Backup” and FTP all your files from your stock HDD to that folder
    - If you don’t know how to FTP, there are many tutorials out there

#3- Unlock your stock HDD (To unlock HDD, boot to your BIOS screen, then go to Disk Tools, then select “Current Hard Drive Setup”, then Disable "Hard Drive Lock")
    [​IMG]
    - Take out your stock HDD and put in your new one
    - If you don’t know how to take apart your Xbox, there are also many tutorials on this
    - After you have your new one in, put your Xbox back together and plug it up.

#4- Boot to your Bios screen by holding down the white button during bootup
    - select “Disk Tools”
    [​IMG]

#5- After that, select “New Hard Drive Upgrade”
    [​IMG]

#6- Next, select “Click Here To Set LBA48 Option”
    [​IMG]

#7- Now you have two options. If your HDD is under 160GB, select “F Drive Gets Everything – No G Drive”
    [​IMG]

#8- If your HDD is larger than 160GB, select “F Drive upto 137GB – G Drive Gets The Rest”

#9- Just leave “Use Saved Partition Table” alone

#10- Select “Prepare and Format New Drive”
    [​IMG]

#11- Once it is done formatting, enable “Hard Drive Lock” in “Disk Tools Current Hard Drive Setup”, and restart your Xbox and boot to the BIOS screen again
    - When the BIOS screen is booted, go to your computer and FTP all your files from your “HDD Backup” folder to your new HDD.

#12- Restart your Xbox and make sure everything is working properly.

Congratulations! You have successfully installed your new HDD!

Just incase anyone wanted to know, I bought the Maxtor DiamondMax 10 6L300R0 300GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache IDE Ultra ATA133 Hard Drive – OEM from Newegg.com

I based this tutorial off bustedchain, but I wrote everything and made it a tutorial. I would have my own pictures but I didn't know how to put them in.
    Thanks!
    TeddyN

Last edited: Jun 25, 2006
  2. cearel

cearel Guest

nice tut didnt need one but for the noobies it would be helpfull

3. TeddyN

TeddyN Regular member

Thanks

4. cearel

cearel Guest

5. msdawg911

msdawg911 Member

Well, I'm definitely a noob, so this helps.

Very detailed tutorial...worked for me! Just installed on a 250 GB Maxtor HDD! Thanks TeddyN for all ur help!

Jack

6. TeddyN

TeddyN Regular member

You're welcome!