1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xecuter 3 problem flashing with X3 1959

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by no1b4me, Jan 21, 2005.

1. no1b4me

no1b4me Member

I have a 1.6 Xbox, i made the bios boot disk for flash my X3 with X3 1959 bios, after i successfully flashed, the yellow bar went across the sreen follow the green bar and xbox turned off by itself. I know it was done.

Here is my problem, the Xbox turns on fine with Only MS bios, i dont see where it says xecuter, rox my xbow below the Xbox logo as it should. So i assumed xbox did not get the flash it right.

Then i tried to flash it again which i could not, because i cant get into xecuter bios screen no more, everytime i tried to get in, the xbox turn itself off Twice and turns back on, then i got black screen, the light around the eject button flashing light green and red, screen still black. I just cant get into Xecuter bios screen in order to select flash flash from http, disk , hard driver.

Has anyone experience this kind of problem, and know what to do in order to get the Xecuter bios screen back? Thanks

2. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

its fragging, check your solder points.

3. no1b4me

no1b4me Member

lcarbutt
    after doing more research, i am familiar with the fragging term, i had this xbox modded from one of those good reputation website, what would you suggest me to do, i never mod any xbox. Let say i open it up, what point should i check in order to get that fragging fix up, thanks

4. xb0xm0dz

xb0xm0dz Member

You need to read the directions on http://www.teamxecuter.com

Try turning the xbox on by tapping the power button once, dont hold it down. otherwise try turing it on with the eject and power button at the same time. Then try to tap the power button.

Did you try to use the network flash option? It works great!

http://www.xb0xm0dz.com/torrenttrader

Last edited: Jan 22, 2005
  5. no1b4me

no1b4me Member

xb0xm0dz

I managed to get back and flash my xbox with x3 1959 v1.6 plus, since i got this flash, i didnt have any more fragging. Now move on to install dashboard so i can back up my game. What would you suggest to install dashboard, i have both auto install slayer 2.6 and exox 3935. which one is easy to work for noob? thanks

6. xb0xm0dz

xb0xm0dz Member

7. no1b4me

no1b4me Member

xb0xm0dz

thanks, got it all figured out, works great now. appreciate your help.

8. dhaniyo

dhaniyo Member

I have X3 and i installed bios 2914. I dont know how to install this slayer disk i just made, so that i can use avalaunch instead of this xboxdash that keeps coming up.

9. no1b4me

no1b4me Member

All you have to do is put the slayer disk in the tray, and reboot your xbox, it should automatically boot from the CD that you made ( assumed you created the disk sucessfully) then follow the instruction as it appear on the screen, very easy.

10. dhaniyo

dhaniyo Member

i guess i didnt create it correctly. i have the files on my pc still...how should i burn it...i have nero and some other type or prog. and flashfxp, but dont know how to connect to pc from xbox

11. no1b4me

no1b4me Member

you have to make the file in your hd to iso image first ( use any iso maker), then use nero to burn it as iso image, afterward your computer wont be able to read the cd you made but xbox will, read the instruction and software how to create iso disk.

12. dhaniyo

dhaniyo Member

it worked...thnx

13. modmodmod

modmodmod Member

message for no1b4me,

i modded my v1.6 xbox with x3ce and now having similar problems like urs. flashing green and red.
    i only encountered this problem after flashing the bios.
    when i press power on, it turns on off on off then on with flashing color and now screen.
    so now i can only access the bios by pushing eject+power buttons.
    is the problem to do with soldering?
    how did you fix your problem, no1b4me?
    Does anyone else have this problem ?

14. no1b4me

no1b4me Member

hey modmodmod

Do you happen to have the 1.6 xbox version, if so, the problem you described sound like to have flash to wrong version of flash (assuming all the solder points working properly). I had my flash from a installer
    so solder points must be ok. Anyway, the later version of xbox 1.6 version should flash with 1.6b flash version, i did it and been working awesome since. Try to reflash with the version i mentioned above, i think it should work for you, good luck.

15. no1b4me

no1b4me Member

hey modmodmod

i wasnt thinking when writting this, what i meant 1.6b is 1.6 plus flash version, 1.6b dont exit. sorry for confusing.

16. jayh99

jayh99 Member

I recently installed a Xecuter 3 in my v1.0, and am in the process of trying to flash it. When I turn the xBox on, it comes up with the message:
    "Read Only??? " followed by a few other things.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the following jumper config is right:
    #1 - On
    #2 - On
    #3 - Off
    #4 - Off
    Flash Protect - Off

I've actually tried a few different ways, and get this message every time. Thanks for the help.

JaYh99

17. dhaniyo

dhaniyo Member

I had gotten the same message before...Even though it says read-only, try to install the bios on a bank...Yes, it is on on off off off, or even off on off off off....But yeah, try that and let me know if it works, I think that is what i had to do.If that doesnt work, just check your soldering to make sure that isnt the problem.

18. jayh99

jayh99 Member

When I try the http flash, I get the following message:

"Got Bios Image Over Http, 262144 bytes.
    Unknown flash! Halting."

I'm using the .bin file from the Xecuter3 website that came with the chip. Any ideas? Thanks.

19. mdsup

mdsup Guest

the x3 bios is not available at xecuter's site...so if you think you have the x3 bios, you don't...you must aquire the bios from the 'usual places'(#xbins)...check the software forum, there is a thread that has information on where to get things.

x3_3284 is the most recent x3 bios.

20. jayh99

jayh99 Member

I believe you are right, I double checked, and what I had downloaded from their site was not the bios. I'm now having some difficulties locating the one you mentioned. I don't see anything in the software forum.