1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xecuter 3ce, on..off 3 times then frag

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by jamo2008, Aug 10, 2008.

1. jamo2008

jamo2008 Member

Hi, i'm having some issues, I've got a crystal xbox 1.6, i have done all the soldering several times and its all pretty tidy, can put some pics up if needed...? when i turn the xbox on with a very quick push, the lcd display shows the chip as disabled (red) before doing the reboot 3 times thing then green red lights etc. The chip has the 3.5v, 5v and the other flash protection light on. I have checked my soldering and cant see anything wrong with it.

I'm suspicious of the D0 wire soldered to the pcb as it got crushed when i first shut the case, the plastic casing of the wire hasnt been broken, could this be a problem? (it was quite flat) anyway to check?

the xbox powers up fine with the long press of the power button

please help

cheers

2. varnull

varnull Guest

checking D0.. ground the point to the nearby screw ;)

3. jamo2008

jamo2008 Member

4. jamo2008

jamo2008 Member

do i just get a bit of wire and connect it to the screw and solder it to the D0....just dont want to screw it up even more :)

5. jamo2008

jamo2008 Member

grounded D0...same result...on the 3rd time it frags, please guys can someone take a look @ pics and let me know what they think

6. CademiaX

CademiaX Member

hmm, thats sounds more like a power issue then the chip... Look at the power supply and you will see a little white round pot, you can use a screw driver to turn it either direction, mark it and then try and tweak it about 1/4 turn to the left, maybe the right, I dont recall, but it wont break anything, if no results try a 1/2 turn from the original position..

If that does nothing, replace that D0 wire, it looks pretty pinched.