1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xecuter 4979 bios repack question.......EASY!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by smokes, Dec 18, 2003.

1. smokes

smokes Guest

Ok, I have the xecuter 2.3 lite plus modchip and I am supposed to put the Xecuter 4979 bios on it, well I found the 4979 bios repack and I can't just burn that to a cd w/ a 200 meg dummy folder as the first file in the list because it didnt work...what do I ahve to do with the files to make my xbox flash to it??

The files included after extracting are:

1) 4979.06_256k.bin
    2) 4979.67_256k.bin
    3) 4979.nfo
    4) make1mb.bat
    5) x2_IGR_disabled

thanks....greatly appreciated...after this I am finally done and can go back to ftping in!! (I am using a different modchip then before, but I do have previous experience)

2. NuG

NuG Member

Well first off in order to flash your xbox you'll need to either use Xbox bios manager or that make1mb.bat to convert the 256k bin file into a 1mb bin file, make sure to name it bios.bin then get your dummy file together and burn using Nero. If at first it doesnt work and the bios says cannot find bios - halting, then you need to increase the size of the dummy file. I had to go up to a 1gig dummy file, also name your dummy file dummy.bin

good luck

3. smokes

smokes Guest

How do I convert it into a 1 mb file???

4. NuG

NuG Member

use Xbox bios manager or that batch file(.bat). Try searching, the instructions are everywhere

5. smokes

smokes Guest

Well.......thanks for nothing then

6. webmanma

webmanma Member

He already told you to use that ".bat" batch file to convert into 1mb .bin. If you don't know how to use than learn and don't complain. I don't get what previous experience you are talking about if you can't use that sample batch file...

7. smokes

smokes Guest

Yea well I can tell you like to be a stupid fusking nigger rather then help so ya know what, SUCK MY fusking DICK YOU NIGGER I dont need your black ass anyway. fusk YOU

8. richard77

richard77 Member

if i was a moderator, i would ban you for life, contact your ISP, and do as much as I could to make your life miserable.

9. smokes

smokes Guest

My name is Matt Dwyer. I live in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin. Call my fusking ISP you stupid mother fusker, you think cuz you cry you can get them to drop me??? Hahah 1-800-cableme call em up buddy, call em up :) You act like you have power, like you have authority, like your someone....hahahhaha

Suck a dick.

Oh and by the way, I'm also an bumhole.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2004
  10. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

dammit who keeps letting children in here!

11. ckinc90

ckinc90 Regular member

can someone please pm me with a proper working bios? i mean i've been at this for about 3 weeks trying to get my freaking xbox to work. i have a chameleon 2.27 with a 1.1 xbox. the chip is working but i need a bios. i have all other software already setup.

i get the following message...

cd-rom labe: bios
    found bios upgrade /bios.bin (512k)
    unkown flash! halting

12. ckinc90

ckinc90 Regular member

smokes... stop showing your poor trailor park trash that you are.