1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xecuter LCD Screen, And Good Mod Ideas

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by PLowran, Oct 30, 2006.

1. PLowran

PLowran Member

Hi everyone, I have a Nice Modded Xbox with a 300 Gig Drive.
    I wanna do more to it, but I just got another xbox this weekend so I figured I would have some fun with it and leave the old one be.
    First off, I Use Unleash Xbox, I dont like to use Mod-Chips, Softmodding is easier and safer.
    I was wondering ifI ts possible to put a working LCD Screen on the xbox and have it work with the soft mod at all?
    Also does anyone have good Ideas?
    I was thinking of trying to tear the xbox appart, Bondo the hell outta it and make it look like a 360.
    So any Ideas, Ill take what I can get.
    PLowran

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

What you could do, is take off the Green Jewel, on the top. Scrape off the green paint so that it is clear, and cut out a circle in the top, and install LED's. Mine is a work in progress right now but you can find good tuts at Xbox-scene.com. They also have other kinds of mods, like adding a USB to the system or LED's in the Controller ports.

3. PLowran

PLowran Member

Yea, My other xbox has a nice window cut out of the nope, and is full of neon tubes.
    I was Thinking of tearing this one open, and like you said add USB Ports, near the bottom, I see tons of cool mods where people cut the hell out of their box and bondo it all together some odd way.
    I wanna make it stand up on the side, have the usb ports at the bottom, like the 360.
    Maybe paint it white, I like the white case at www.llamma.com but I dont have $50, When a can of primer is only $0.99.
    I was thinkning of hard wiring a DVD remote sensor to JoyPort 4 and mounting it on the inside so just the reciever is on the outside.

umm, I was thinking of making it a slim case but I dont know about that one,
    Again any ideas would help, I have 2 cases to destroy in the making of this project.

ALSO
    LCD SCREEN
    Is that possible with just a soft mod in any way?
    LATER!
    PLowran

4. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

I don't know for sure if an LCD is possible with softmod. You could propably Google it and see what comes up. Also I custom painted my Xbox, so that The X on top is Silver. I just used $3 paint at WalMart, and it worked Great. I bet if you just bought White paint, and some Clear Acrylic paint, it will look really nice.