1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xecuter lite no solder?? No holes??? Need Help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by micahman, Aug 21, 2004.

1. micahman

micahman Member

Hey I am in need of some help. Ive modded my p2s with a flip top and what not, and my brother wanted to mod his xbox and is now crying because he cant figure it out. Here is the deal, he bought an xecuter lite with the solderless adapter, and I helped him open up the xbox to find that the LPC port is filled with solder already. That means that we cant get the piece that is supposed to go into the holes to go because there is no holes for it. Please help, It would be much appreciated. Thanks

2. Scotsmen

Scotsmen Guest

Hi

from your post it would "appear" that you have an older model v1.0 xbox that had the LPC holes filled
    it would be best to have the solder removed their is a few methods to do thi. Firstly using a soldering iron and what is called a "de-solder pump" or again heating the solder with an iron and usin what is called
    "de-solder braid" the pump sucks out the solder and the braid sort of "wicks" the solder up into itself.

Its takes a bit of experience and a steady hand to do it with a de-solder pump if you dont use a motherbaord stand, as using a stand leaves you both hands free.

Using the braid "in my opinion" is the best for the inexperienced, but I personally dont like it because it can leave solder residue on the mtherboard.

With the proper equipment i can "empty" out the fillled LPC holes in couple of minutes after disassembly of the xbox.

Regards