1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xecuter Programmer Not Detected

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Jay3lem, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Jay3lem

Jay3lem Member

Ok i bought the programmer a month ago for my xecuter 2.6 ce modchip which somehow the bios got wiped i think because it frags, so i hooked it up via usb and it didn't work using x2 bios manager v2.3 i get the error " Xecuter 2 not detected; Code: 0xffff " so then i went and bought a usb to 25 parellel cable since i'm using a laptop and didn't have the connection and thought maybe that was the problem because i'm not sure if i need to hook up both the usb and parellel connections on the programmer. I'm all out of options now and i need to know of what problem might be and why my modchp is not being detected, is the software outdated or is it the connections? Do i need to both usb and parellel but to the computer directly without the parellel cable? Also is it possible for a modchip bios to get wiped just by taking it out?

2. S10MAN

S10MAN Member

Here is a very good tutorial for using the xecuter programmer . http://www.xbox-modchips.com/tutorials/x2v6-programmer-help.htm . Generally i have never heard of the bios being wiped . They can however get corrupted . I had a good friend of mine pull his X2.6CE chip out of his box while it was on to do a hotswap flash and it corrupted the bios on all the banks . From what i have seen and read about x2.6ce chips their real picky . Hope this helps .