1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xecuter3 questions

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by redpants, Mar 28, 2008.

1. redpants

redpants Member

Hi, I'm new to the xbox modding scene. A friend of mine brought me his xbox with a xecuter3 CE modchip and a xapt3r solderless adapter and asked me to install it because, as he said, "I am good with computers."

He gave me no documentation on any of the hardware he gave me so I basically had to dig around and determine what exactly was the type of chip, what model of xbox he had, etc. etc. Long story short, after a lot of research I think I finally got the chip installed properly with the correct bios flashed on it.

I'm able to get to the main BIOS OS screen and tweak some settings but basically at this point I can't do much of anything else. If I put a game in, retail or backup, it does nothing but go to the main os screen. I know I need to install a dashboard to get full functionality of the modchip, but I was wondering if the xbox should already be able to play games from a disc at this point or if the dashboard is absolutely necessary to play anything at all. The reason I ask is I was just wanting to play something to make sure I had the chip installed correctly. If I have to install the dashboard first, it's not a big deal, I just didn't want to go through even more trouble just to find out I had to go back to step 1...

Any thoughts? Thanks so much!

2. redpants

redpants Member

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

3. SL7Rips

SL7Rips Regular member

Download a Slayer 2.7 Disc and install Evox
    u should be able to Find it in torrent somwhere
    Or On Xbins