1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xecuter3 VS Xecuter 2.6

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by howareyou, Dec 17, 2006.

1. howareyou

howareyou Member

Hi, my name is Edward and this is my first post.

I'm pretty new at this, in fact I just got my xbox and I am planning on modding it with a modchip and an upgraded hdd. I read many manuals and have a pretty good idea on how to do this. I don't really know all the terms so can someone tell me the large differences in an easy statement that may convince me to get the 3 over the 2.6?

Also, does anybody know where I can buy them privately in the city of Toronto. I know this website

http://www.gocybershop.ca/customer/product.php?productid=1434&cat=220&page=1

they look legit and they are located in waterloo so shipping will be fairly cheap. Does anybody know any other sources that may be more reliable/cheaper?

Also, whats this bank thing? there's 256k 512k, etc. What does all those things mean? BTW i'm not totally noob at this stuff I have pretty good understanding of computer terms and stuff like that... i can make a decent Java program if it helps...

Anyway, thanks in advance to everyone that can help.

2. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

the X3ce has allot of features that make it superior to the version 2's, one being you can flash it via HTTP/FTP/HDD/CD/DVD and do not need a programmer if you frag it. it's well worth the extra $$$ for it and it's the chip i install in 80+ % of the boxes i mod.

on the banks, the chip has a 2 meg flash capability, you can have 8@ 256K / 4@ 512K / 2@ 1meg or 1@ 2meg depending on which BIOS you want to run.

kc

3. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

If you are going to mod your xbox, I would prefer you go with the Xecuter 3 CE mod chip. I bought it 8 months ago, and it is still working great for me. If you ever have problems with your xbox, it's not like a Softmod, where you have to start over. With a Hard Mod, you can find the problem and fix it. Hope you decide on going with the Xecuter 3 CE. If you need any help on installing it, just come back to this forum.

4. Allegro1

Allegro1 Regular member

Advantages of X3 over 2.6
    With several switchable banks, you can either experiment with several different BIOS'es or use one bank for normal Xbox operation and another one for a special BIOS like the VGA BIOS where you can make a custom cable and plug your xbox directly into a computer monitor.

X3 config live is a built in tool which lets you partition a new drive, format it and change the boot drive/directory/boot file without having to reflash the BIOS. You can also connect your computer to your Xbox and FTP to your box even before you load up a dashboard.

The X3 also has a back up BIOS so that no matter how badly you screw up a BIOS flash, you can always go back to this back up and start over. The 2.6 will require a separate cable at additional cost. Not a problem unless you find yourself with a bad flash and have to wait for a cable in the mail.

The X3 is a great tool if you love hardware and want to experiment with your xbox. For "appliance operators", any mod chip will do the job (the Duox2 does a good job for about $10), but so does a TSOP flash and even a softmod, although a softmod is a lot more work when you want to upgrade the HD. With the X3, just put in your new drive, let X3 format it and install everything with an AID or Slayer's disk.