1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xecuter3 Xbox 1.6 installation problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by jamison49, Apr 8, 2005.

1. jamison49

jamison49 Member

Heyas,

I just installed my Xecuter3 chip using the normal soldering method and the X3 control panel. When I turn the Xbox on, if it tries to boot off the chip bios, it turns itself off straight away. The chip status light comes on blue or purple depending on how I try and do it for the split second its on.

Also if I press the power button about 3 times, it will stay on from the chip (light blue or purple) but nothing will come up on the TV screen and the lights around the eject button on the xbox flash green and red.

I don't think the motherboard has taken any damage because I can still load the Xbox as normal with the chip disabled.

I think it is probably my soldering, I have done alot before but nothing that small so I probably mucked it up somewhere, I think on that little PCB rebuild thingy.

Anyway just seeking advice before I open it again and start resoldering lol.

Thanks guys

2. jamison49

jamison49 Member

Heyas again,

I just fixed this problem :).

Incase anyone else has the same problem it is the soldering on the PCB rebuild.

Im pretty sure it was the D0 part but I solder suckered all of the solder off and redid after filing my soldering iron tip down to a fine point, because my old one was like a pencil with broken lead except twice in diameter lol.

Thanks anyway