1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xecutor 3 external switch shows red logo...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by showan, Oct 30, 2004.

1. showan

showan Regular member

Hey all.

I have been trying to install my Xecutor 3 chip. I followed the guide on the Team Xecutor webpage carefully to install. WHen I was finally done I turned my xbox on and the Xecutor logo on the front of the external switch lights up red and the blue HD led is on. it beeps once then turns off. Repeats the process again and turns off. Starts up a third time, the same lights are on, and the circular eject button on the xbox is flashing red and green and I get no screen whatsoever. Anyone have this problem? I checked my soldering twice now...everything seems to be ok. I'm checking it again for the 3rd time. I ould appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

2. skpippins

skpippins Guest

yes its your do point you have to make sure it gets a good contact with the wire and solder i took a utility or sharpo nife and carefully scraped a little of the area where the wire gets soldered to.they put a protective thin coat on the board.when you turn on xbox it should be blue that is the first sigh that the solder points are working.if its red resolder again

3. showan

showan Regular member

ok then from what you said that confirms that my soldering is good. I am able to disable/enable the modchip fine by pressing and tapping the power buttons. It's just that with the chip enabled I get no video. From what I am told this is all resulting from the xbox v1.6B

Apparently the 1.6B xboxs are any version with the manufacturer date later than Sep 13th 2004. What have we learned from all of this??? Microsoft is gay! for anyone wanting to read the articles check them out in the forums on the team Xecutor homepage.