1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenium Gold SP 3 reboot problem on 1.6 without chip

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Kjooseppi, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Kjooseppi

Kjooseppi Member

I have a bit odd problem with my new xenium gold SP (no-solder install).

I install the white plate with pogo-pins and I have a 3 reboot problem it this face already, I have read dozens of threads and all of them seem to get the 3 reboot & FRAG problem after they install the Chip. Third reboot leaves the DVD-open button flashing green & red (so not solid green)

So summary:
    - Xbox built in 2005 (so should be 1.6v)
    - Works perfectly without xenium mod-base (the white plate)
    - When white solderles base installed, I get all 5 needed leds (and when I add mod, one of them shuts down (as it should)
    - PROBLEM is that I get 3 reboots and end up with RED/GREEN -flashing DVD-button with solderles base and with/without chip.
    - Does not boot to xbox-dashboard if d0 is not connected (as it most likely should be)
    - Does the same with or without DVD and HDD connected if white plate is installed (and all 5 leds are ok)

I am bit out of ideas currently, all pogo-pins seem to have a excellent contact so problem should not be on this and no such similar problem has been found on any forum.

2. theridges

theridges Guest

3. Kjooseppi

Kjooseppi Member

No, no wires are touching, everything is done exactly as in instructions. I have not encountered problem where you get 3 boor frag without chip installed.

I have read instructions multiple times and inserted the white baseplate as instructed (with instructions) now 4 times, getting every time similar response. All pogopins are inside holes so contact should be good.

I get Red&green flashing after 3 reboot.

After I remove the baseplate, Xbox works ok, so nothing is broken in xbox (yet :)

4. theridges

theridges Guest

might be a pogo pin problem i dunno i have never used the SP only the normal solderless for the V1.0 - V1.5, im sorry but i really dont know what to do....

5. Kjooseppi

Kjooseppi Member

Biggest problem currently is that teamxodus forum seems to be unreachable for new users (I have tried multiple times with different email-addresses) and still you just dont get the confirmation message to register to forum. So This thread should be posted there but seems to be bit difficult :/