1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xenium gold sp installation help.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by brandonks, Jan 9, 2007.

1. ravens1

ravens1 Regular member

Well the modchip isn't supposed to light up. Just the adapter.

"Well... I WAS kinda of using a lil of both. Then someone told me how to... (At first I was using xenium ice). But now I think its just the type of xbox I have. Turns out, I actually have a v1.6 xbox. That could explain why it wont work with the adaptor." - I must have skipped over that. If you have a 1.6 or 1.6b you need to put in all the wires.

What you are having is a problem with the installation.

2. brandonks

brandonks Member

Wait.... so your telling me that the modchip IS NOT supposed to light up? Because a number of people told me its supposed to light up. Either that or its not supposed to light up for only the v1.6

3. ravens1

ravens1 Regular member

The modchip itself doesnt light up. the Solderless adapter (which you have) should light up for any version of xbox.

Since you have a 1.6 xbox, you have to put all the wires into the holes.

4. brandonks

brandonks Member

okay.... thanks! That kinda explains it... but it doesnt really explain why 2 lights go off instead of 1, and after that, my xbox turns on and off 3 times then still flashes red and green...

5. ravens1

ravens1 Regular member

I am not sure about- "but it doesnt really explain why 2 lights go off instead of 1, and after that, my xbox turns on and off 3 times then still flashes red and green..."

If someone doesn't reply i suggest posting your website at http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/forums.html

6. brandonks

brandonks Member

Okay... but right now, I just really think that my chip is defective or something.

7. ravens1

ravens1 Regular member

Ok, well then exchange or do whatever you want with it.

8. brandonks

brandonks Member

omg.... I sent an e-mail to the website that i bought the chip from, and they wont reply. I sent an e-mail like2-3 months ago, and still no reply... so right now I cant really get a new chip unless I buy either a new one... or a different one.