1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenium Help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Bigperm88, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Bigperm88

Bigperm88 Guest

OK, first post and im allready asking questions.

My box is modded with a Xenium Ice chip (Bought it pre modded)and i recently got the hi def video package. So i went to run ms dash to change the HD settings. Got an error 21, so i thought it was corrupt so i ftped to the box and replaced the msdash.xbe with a backup i had on the box. Still gave me error 21. So now i thought it must be the mod chip becasue i know my HD was locked. I booted to MXM dash board (Dash i have with my drive open) and used the diasble modchip function. Now i can get into MS dash, and i changed my video settings.

But now it seems my mod chip will not turn on, and when i boot (power and ejected) i can only access ms dash. Its like the mod chip wont even turn on now. It doesnt even flash red like its going to turn on, i just get a solid green eject button? Ive been forum searching and pulling my hair out. Any Help or Advice would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

did you disable the chip? Can you still access to the xenium os?

3. Bigperm88

Bigperm88 Guest

I used the mxm disable function so i guess i did disable it. (Sry im kinda new to xbox modding)

I cant access (Or dont know how to access) the xenium os.

4. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

goto xenium site and read instruction how to get the xenium OS. so you can enable the chip or so on.

btw do you have any external switches for the chip?

5. Bigperm88

Bigperm88 Guest

No there are no external switches. the chip i has uses software enable/disable. But there is an internal recover switch.

OK, i read the instructions on xeniums site last night about making a boot disk for the os and the bios boot disk (Iec guild etc). I was not sure if i was taking the right path to fix it. I wanted to ask someone with experience (Like yourself) before proceeding further. Will i be able to boot the os disk from ms dash?

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

7. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

8. Bigperm88

Bigperm88 Guest

Thanks. I have read that a bunch of times and it seems either im using pour logic or my problem isnt covered. Im at a loss. It seems they say if i dont get the xenium os, my mod chip is not installed correctly. But i know for a fact that it is, and it has been working perfectly for over a month.And its a soldered install.

My box was working perfect untill i used the MXM dashboard to disable my mod chip. Now the chip just doesnt turn on?? and goes straight to ms dash.

anyways thanks for your quick response. Helped ease my stress a little bit. :)

9. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

hmm.. let I check around to see what I can help you.

10. Bigperm88

Bigperm88 Guest

Thanks. It very very much appreciated.

11. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

12. Bigperm88

Bigperm88 Guest

It boots ms dash reguardless of if i power on with the power or eject button.

Im thinking my only option is to open up the box and try the restore switch. But im still very hesitant.

My box was origally setup with power button boot = Avalaunch
    and reset boot =MXM dash

I have actually never access the Xenium OS regardless of my power on meathod.

13. Bigperm88

Bigperm88 Guest

They guy who i purchased if from says i need an Original splinter Cell disk first, then he can help me fix it? does this make sence?

14. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

He try to do softmod I think.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2006
  15. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Wait do you have that game?
    try to load it.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2006
  16. Bigperm88

Bigperm88 Guest

Hmmmm. I was thinking about that becasue every manual says i should be able to access the Xenium OS with the eject button, but mine loads mxm. Is it possible that my xbox is softmoded and hardmodded?

17. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

maybe there is an option to get into xenium.

18. Bigperm88

Bigperm88 Guest

Dont have it..but i found a copy a EB games and they reserved it for me. Its the original (Not the classic edition) , i hope it works.

Anyways, thanks again for you quick responses and help.

19. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

wait... If you dont have that game, so dont buy it.

20. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

just open the xbox and reset the chip.