1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenium Ice And Sp Ice What Is The Real Differnce?, xenium ice and sp ice differnce?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by chinalvr, Apr 13, 2005.

1. chinalvr

chinalvr Member

i have read all over the place and the xenium ice and sp ice both look the same to me,i am wanting a xbox Solderless chip,
    these 2 look the best out of all of them too me,
    i will be buying a brand new xbox,
    so i want to make sure this chip works on all versions,
    i will getting a 60 gig maxtor 7200rpm hd for it i think,
    also where is a good place to buy these chips i can trust,
    i found 2 places tell me what you think,
    http://www.xbox-modchips.com/xenium-spice.htm
    http://www.jandaman.com/Merchant2/m...D&Product_Code=xboxxeniumicesl&Category_Code=
    i just want to know which chip can i install and will work best for me out of these 2 being a solderless model,so i can play back up games on my xbox hard drive,
    Thanks,Chris^_^

Last edited: Apr 13, 2005
  2. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

The chip is the same except the SP adapter fot 1.6 version Xbox's.. The Xenium Ice was the first Modchip ever to be compatible with all version Xbox's...ground breaking stuff isn't it!! You need to find out what version Xbox you have. There are 3 different Xbox video encoder chips, Conexant, focus, and Excalibur. If you have the Excalibur with a Samsung memory chip you have a 1.6, or an Excalibur with a Hynix chip is a 1.6b, Focus(with continuity) is a 1.4, Focus(without continuity) is a 1.5, Conexant(with usb daughterboard & fan on mobo) is a 1.0, Conexant(with 1 row on the power connector) is a 1.1, Conexant(2 rows on power connector) are versions 1.2 or 1.3.....Cheers

3. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

4. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Awwww Damn, sorry about the double post Mr. Moderator!!!!!!