1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenium ICE and Xecuter BIOS

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by werther, Oct 30, 2004.

1. werther

werther Member

I am having trouble flashing my Xenium ICE with an Xecuter BIOS. I am trying to flash it with Xecuter 4981.67_256k and after it flashes it appears to workm, as it shows up in my launch menu. I then select the bios and boot from it the eject light flashes a few times and the LED changes to the color that I selected for this bios but then the xbox turns off. It is off for about a second then comes back on and load my Evox bios which I have set as my default. Any suggestions on why I may not be able to flash my xenium with the xecuter bios?

2. Haze1920

Haze1920 Member

I have that exact same problem Ive tried the Xecuter bios and the Xecuter3 bios both do the same thing...LED light comes on and then the xbox shuts down. Any clue? I also have another problem...I have Evox Dash, M8 bios, and the Xenium Ice with a 1.0 Xbox...I can copy xbox live games such as Battle Front, Rain Bow Six 3, and Mortal Kombat Deception, but when i try to play them...It makes it to the start menu and then I hit start and it either freezes or Goes right back to the start menu again. My Hard Drive is new 120 gig and is LOCKED is it my bios? anyone have a clue? Help would be appreciated on both problems. Thanks
    -Hayes

3. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

Hi
    Doesnt sound like your bios, re the game freezes, certainly sounds like a bad game install.
    Sometimes the dvd reads the game size wrong, depending on your dvd drive,
    PxHddloader is known to do this.
    have you tried installing with complex tools?
    regarding the 4981 bios, use the bios that ISNT the .67 version, also, what size bios are you using?
    personally Id stick with evox m8, its a great bios, and completely color moddable and LBA patchable with evtools
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Ignorance isn't bliss.....It's just costly![/small]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2004
  4. werther

werther Member

I tried the .60 version as well and it has the same problem, and they both are 256k. I also made a 1MB just to try it but I get an error saying it doesn't fit.

5. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

Haze1920, try turning off the "in game reset", and disabling RD tools in the evox system management menu. I ran across the same problem trying to play Deus X. Once I turned off/disabled those functions in the evox menu I had no problem. I don't know for sure if its a related problem, but it wouldn't hurt to try. Reboot your box after you change the settings before you try to play the game though.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]opinions are like a**holes, everyones got one.[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2004
  6. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Werther, erase the 256k bios and install the 1mb version. I tried to install other bioses but I also recieved the "no more room" error, so I just stick with the one 1Mb xecuter2 bios. I used a USB Pen drive with the USB control port adapter and it worked.

1. Did you TSOP the original kernal first?
    2. Did you set the date and time on the original kernal before continuing to flash xecuter? The answer BETTER be YES.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2004
  7. werther

werther Member

Yes that is all been done, I can but the retail bios and can successfully but an EvoX bios. The time is set in the Retail as I have it with a constant internet connection so the time is always updated.