1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xenium ice, capabilities

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by shikami, Feb 4, 2005.

1. shikami

shikami Member

I'm thinking of modding my xbox with a solderless xenium ice chip, and since i cant put in a new hdd because i have already gone on line with my stock drive, and i still intend play on live,

1. i would like to know how and what programs i would need to backup xbox games

2. can i burn avi files on to a dvd/cd and watch them on my box, or could i watch them from my computer thru the ftp connection onto my box.

3. a list of different features i could do with the chip would be great also, thnx.

2. jus2slo

jus2slo Member

i instaled a xenium ice solderless, and a 120 gb harddrive. and still play online (there is a way and its only about $50, and easy).

3. shikami

shikami Member

Did u put the new hdd in before u went on live?

4. jus2slo

jus2slo Member

sure did not

5. shikami

shikami Member

Did u install it before halo 2 came out?

6. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

I Use 3 Essencial Tools:
    boXplorer : To Rip Games
    DVD2XboX : To Patch Them (Burning Process Is Slow)
    XboX Media Center (To Watch Movies And Listen To Music.)
    But Oh Well I Have All Possible XboX Apps.

7. jus2slo

jus2slo Member

no i just installed it about 3 weeks ago

8. meggo

meggo Member

i have xenium ice and the original hdd. play xbox live with a backup. it says it turns of for xbox live but that is only when i boot up the original bios for the real game or am i wrong.
    thanks

9. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

once your xbox is modded....these days u cant play live.use xbc or kai

10. bagong

bagong Member

sorry, it kinda noob here.... after i install the xenium....I cant play my back up file....i have no manual user do u know where the best i can have it.... so far I play with NTSC version, id like to play wiht PAL version.... any responds will greatly appreciated....thx

11. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

what are u talking about....anyway if its about games in evox systems settings change game region to auto then save&exit and reboot xbox.

12. bagong

bagong Member

Well, i have a trouble... after i install xenium then i cant play my backup games...in Xenoum OS lay out there are a lot of option like Launch Menu, EEProm, etc. Then how can i play with my backup games from there (the Xenium Layout)...i just stuck on the Xenium Layout. what option is that?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2005
  13. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

bagong do you have your Xenium flashed with a hacked bios such as evox M7ef or X3? Your chip cannot play backup games the way it came in the mail. That would be illegal.

1) Install the chip. Wiggle it around until the red led changes to blue. You will see the Xenium OS screen on your TV. ( The DVD-Rom and Harddrive do not have to be hooked up when doing this).

2) When you get the Xenium OS reconnect both the DVD-Rom and Harddrive.

3) Choose "Add New Item" Select TSOP. Press the button and the original bios will be automatically flashed. You don't have to go looking for this bios, it's already installed in your Xbox.

4) Reboot using the original bios. Your Xbox will boot as it would without a chip. RESET BOTH THE DATE AND TIME FIRST. If you don't there's a good chance of messing up your Xbox.

5) Reboot and choose "Add New Item" Select FLASH. Flash the hacked bios of your choice that you found somewhere online. Flash using FTP, a 256Mb Pen Drive, External Harddrive with the USB connector that came with your Xenium or make a boot cd.

6) Reboot to the Xenium OS screen. Insert a pre-made Slayers v2.6 evox auto-installer cd into the drive and boot using the hacked bios.

FTP backup copies of all the folders on your Xbox to your PC harddrive before installing slayers on your Xbox harddrive.

14. bagong

bagong Member

Where can i get evox M7ef or X3? do u know the website?

15. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

eurasia.nu

Register and go to the download section. Xbox utilities and start looking around page 3.

16. bagong

bagong Member

wow there are bunch of X3 and no evox thing ...my xbox is v.1.0...which one is the best?....is it ok if just doing wiht Evox only... how do i get Slayers v2.6 evox auto-installer cd?

http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/xenium-pinheader-evox.php

I meant till this step. is this step show the way how to play back up games?

17. bagong

bagong Member

btw, my is xbox is v1.0, i dont think X3 work for my xbox version, do u have something else? i really have a bad time to looking for the hacked bios.... anyone plz? and what program do i need is slayer 2.60 is good for xbox v1.0? thx very much

18. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

dude x3 works for every xbox version and u can get some bioses from ddx.freewebpage.org . yes...slayers works fine for v1.0! it works for every xb verrsion