1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenium Ice install/boot problem..??..

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Tenbrock, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Tenbrock

Tenbrock Member

ok my problem is i put in my Mod-chip (solderless version)like im supposed to i think. but when i try and boot my xbox for the fisrt time after install the light go's green then blinks red/green. I've moved the chip around but no luck. Also there is no error message jus a black screen. What do i do now, or did i miss a step. All i installed was the Adapter and the chip itself as hardware. not the xtra wires it came with. And the LED on the chip is Solid RED. !!PLEASE help!! :(

I have a version 1 xbox

Last edited: Mar 9, 2005
  2. mw9667

mw9667 Guest

When the light on the Xenium is red, it usually means a bad d0 connection. Check to make sure it's secure. I had the same problem with the red LED always on. Turned out that I had to solder a wire between pin 4 and the d0 pin on the adapter to get it to work.

Another thing to check: You say you have a v1.0 mobo. Check the LPC and see if the holes have solder in them. I read somewhere that the 1.0 motherboards had solder in the LPC. If so, you may need to wick the solder out before seating the adapter.

3. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

I agree, it's your D0!! If your the D0 wire were in correctly you would get the Xenium OS. Like MW just said, wick out some solder from the LPC or File the pogo pins on the adapter just a little and clean them with alcohol. I have a 1.0 and yes the LPC holes were filled at one point.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2005
  4. spyman

spyman Regular member

with the new adapters and 1.0 you do not need to desolder the lpc, they push against it nicely.

just make sure its seated 100% and tighten without it moving. Also make sure your d0 is in the right d0 place.

A lot of people put it in the wrong hole :p ....no pun intended (and if you do your gf will probably slap you...for messing up the xbox of course)

Also see what happens if you flick the recovery switch,

5. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

I agree Spyman!!! I installed a Xenium Ice solderless for a buddy of mine and he had a 1.0 and the new solderless adapters do make really good contact. The adapter did not start to lift up from the other end like the old ones did. These adapters are getting alot better now!!