1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xenium ICE solderless BIOS problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by psy99, Oct 14, 2004.

1. psy99

psy99 Member

I installed the xenium ICE solderless and started it up. According to the xenium OS v2 I should be able to use a cd (rw) to install another bios. The problem is that it doesn't detect the cd or the xecuter bios on it. The cd was burned correctly (done before) with dummy file etc... The xenium OS screen (launch; add new item) only gives C:/E:/X:/Y:/Z: as options. Clearly, I'm a bit confused and frustrated! I've downloaded the OS v2 manual. If I lanch the "retail Kernel" it gives me error code 05 (HDD not locked)... Can anyone shed some light on my dilemma?!?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2004
  2. Yodaman

Yodaman Member

to fix your harddrive not locked problem go into disk tools and selected lock hard drive at the top and press a then it will lock your hard drive and you should be able to launch the retail kernal

3. psy99

psy99 Member

Thanks for the response. I tried that and it does load the retail kernel and loads as the original XBox does, but it doesn't recognize copied games (plays original games fine, obviously).
    I'm going to try the "Firefuckers" installer (bios, dash etc all included- somebody told me that might work...

4. Yodaman

Yodaman Member

are you sure that you burned the cd-rw correctly. for instrutions on how to burn the bios cd correctly go to www.xbox-scene.com and go to tutuoirals and go to backup guides then click on the sub group burning guide then select the guide that applies to to the program you have

5. jdcompman

jdcompman Member

I have just installed this chip as well. Can someone please PM with some bios for it? Thanks!!!

6. imastew1

imastew1 Guest

ok guys...i had trouble with this for a minute too...what you need to do is network your xbox to your computer using flashFXP. once you are networked you need to upload a bios and evox dashboard..i used phoenix which works flawlessly...you can get a tutorial on how to do this at xbox-scene.com.
    if you have more problems you can e-mail me or leave another message. BE CAREFUL WHEN YOUR UPLOADING FILES TO YOUR XBOX HARDDRIVE...YOU CHANGE THE WRONG FILE YOU COULD RUIN YOUR WHOLE XBOX HARDDRIVE.
    good luck
    imastew1